NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was following the diagram from the instructions of the TRD wing spoiler from this website. http://russ.angrypacket.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=35

My problem is, I tried to do the wiring swap as stated in the stock brake light area. It said to pull out an 8 pin connector as pictured.

I have a 2002 (instructions are from an 00) but I don't have that connector. All I see is a connection plug with 2 wires on the female and male end.

Are the hook up instructions different for an 02 and up?

The shop just plugged in my wing after installation but my stock brake light still works while the wing doesnt.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I unplugged the stock brake light.

How do I wire up my TRD wing brake light? I see this connector but it doesn't seem to have any power. So what is this stupid plug for?

So for those who happen to have an 02 Celica. Is there another plug that the wing's harness can actually plug into? I took off all the trunk plastics and tried to search for another but have no luck.

Any help is appreciated. Damn never knew I'd have this much trouble with it. I followed that other guide but it seems a tad bit different.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
cut the plug off and just run 2 wires from the original brake light to the wing light. match the colors up, solder and youre in business.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Oh okay thanks, yeah that's what I was planning to do if I couldn't find a regular wire to hook it up to. Is that what you did with yours? I ran a search and saw your replies from a few years back.

Just surprised I expected to have a real stock wire to hook it up to. Thanks again though, appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
in ur first picture..i believe ur 8pins connector is tucked way up in the hole..atleast mine was, and it was a pain in the ass to pull them out..the 8 pins are also wrapped with that yellow foamy stuff..or u can just run the wires but it won't be as clean though..it'll work..i just don't want to cut anything..so see if u can look inside the hole and find that 8pins..easier to find if u seat inside the car in the back seat..

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ Haha I think it is but I didn't bother searching for the 8pin. Well I tried to dig in the hatch area for that other connector but I really couldn't find it. I even lodged a tube to see if I can dislodge whatever was up in the hole but no luck.

I basically cut off that connector like Mukalicious suggested and soldered a new set of wires to it and ran it down through the hatch and basically wired it to the power plug thing that was originally hooked up to the stock brake light.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
All I did was tie the TRD 3rd brake light harness up to some fishing string and pull the connector through the inside of the hatch (on the side) and routed up to the stock plug.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Yeah I would of done the same thing but my TRD wing harness was pretty short, so I had to extend the wires then used a mini snake coil thing and pulled the wires down to the top of the hatch area and plugged it in from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts