NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm on a very tight budget, and i can get the TRD front sway bar cheap. but only the front. so i have 1 questions for this. is this adjustable like the hotchkis front?

now i need to know which rear to get. they're having a group buy for the suspension tech, and i can get tenabe for 185. picked up. or hotchkis at regular price (most expensive). the thing is, i can't find any feedback for the tenabe sways.

i need to make sure that the trd front sways are not stiffer than the rears. i want to stay on the neutral or slightly oversteer side. so can someone list the stiffness in order. for example

XXXXXX> XXXXX> XXXXX> XXXXX

i have stock struts, tien s-tech springs, stock wheels and khumo ecsta asx tires (not the greatest)

but i plan on getting 18's with azenis in december. and when the shocks give, i plan on coilovers.

thanks alot :D

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Buy the comp rear bar from hotchkis or the ST. They r equivalent in stiffness. Or buy something as stiff. As for the front one, I run with the stock one (I have the ST in the rear), and with mycurrent setup, no front sway is necessary since my car is pretty neutral but has some understeer at the very limit. If you put a front one, dont go too stiff. I am sure the TRD isnt too stiff (knowing TRD).

As a side note, with the same setup but different tires, I was less neutral than now but was experiencing oversteer at the limit which was fun. It really depends on a lot of factor!! I assume at that time a slightly stiffer front sway would have hellped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts