NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
welcome to the club! The rattling sound in my car was the divider in the cat. it broke, went to the cat through the downpipe and made that noise in the cat.

Please find out if you re installed the L-bracket. I am 100% sure that my shop didn't touch it.

Did you notice a loss in performance with the divider broken?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Csirani if your cat is broken then you might as well buy a high flow cat. that's what I did.

good luck with the header. I hope that trial will send you one. They do not cover my shipping expenses and customs tax in greece and I am not getting a new header. it's gonna be too expensive (shipping both ways+tax+installation).

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think that the reason the divider breaks is because it sticks out too much and the engine moves a lot, while the rest of the exhaust does not move as much as the header does. that's my opinion.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i dont think they were the same when i saw them side by side. If they are the same indeed then why did it break? My L-bracket is in place.

I have the feeling that more people will start having this problem. Only time will tell if it has to do with installation. I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
exactly. My shop needed 2 hours just to get the top part of the heatshield on. They couldn't fit the lower part. they said they would have to remove the cradle.

·
Registered
514 Posts
beto you are right. but these things are not simple as that. I am sure that the divider is there for a reason. You can not just make it smaller. it has been designed this way.

Trial is in the process of making a stronger divider for non japanese cars. You guys are lucky don't worry about the divider issue.

My advice for the people who are about to install it is:
1) Get some mounts and engine brace
2) Remove the cradlle to have extra room to work on. this will make life easier for you.

I will keep you informed if I have more news from Trial

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.