NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
csirani said:

I agree with you man, it's hard to find mechanics that are honest and will admit when it's their fault. I was simply giving my .02 and trust me I'm no expert :)

I just had an interesting thought. How many ppl have the TRD header installed on this board? Because I am wondering if the ppl with TRD header had similar problems? I do not believe that I have read anything at least on this board.

There are like less than 5 people with the trd header to my knowledge... and consider there are a couple that have had the trial for some time now.... oh well who knows

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Why did people not reinstall the L-bracket? Was it because you had the same fitment issues I did? I have been driving with this thing for weeks and haven't had that problem. The L-bracket and the upper heat shield were a bitch to put back on. Like any hand-made product, the Trial header has larger production tolerances than the stock header. Some of the bolt holes BARELY didn't line up. Enough so that bolts wouldn't just thread right in for the heatshield or the L-bracket. I needed to beat the hell out of my heatshield to move things around a bit so I could install it. With the L-bracket, I needed to take my Dremel tool and "massage" the hole a bit so I could thread the bolt back in.

I'm now really beginning to see why shops were able to install this thing in two hours for people while it took me eight hours. Several of those hours were spent refitting the heat shield and L-bracket.

·
Registered
514 Posts
exactly. My shop needed 2 hours just to get the top part of the heatshield on. They couldn't fit the lower part. they said they would have to remove the cradle.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
i think is boilsdown to a combination of bad installs and a weak weld.....

which brings me to the point, to the people that had have it brake....
why not just take the divider and have it weld back on. with a stronger weld, and install the L bracket, i mean its cool to inform people and what not but somethings are easily resolved by taking matters into our own hands. no biggie that thing makes horse power like no other header for the gts, if i had one i would and had the divider broken, i would shave it a little bit to make it smaller, and have it weld on, really god. the header doesnt have to be out to fix it, just go to a shop and take out the cat and they can do it from there.......
anyhow good luck to all

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Jesse IL said:
With the L-bracket, I needed to take my Dremel tool and "massage" the hole a bit so I could thread the bolt back in.
I had to do the same to my L-bracket, it was quite the pain in the ass. My top heatshield went back on perfectly fine however. I didn't even attempt putting the bottom heatshield back on.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I wonder if the new motormounts that skreemintrd_gts is selling would reduce the movement of the motor enough to prevent this for future owners?

·
Registered
514 Posts
beto you are right. but these things are not simple as that. I am sure that the divider is there for a reason. You can not just make it smaller. it has been designed this way.

Trial is in the process of making a stronger divider for non japanese cars. You guys are lucky don't worry about the divider issue.

My advice for the people who are about to install it is:
1) Get some mounts and engine brace
2) Remove the cradlle to have extra room to work on. this will make life easier for you.

I will keep you informed if I have more news from Trial

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah Dimitri, please keep us informed! i don't want to buy Trial headers, pay more money to fix things, and end up regreting it!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.