NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is WOW. This combination really works. I can feel the difference and so can the people I usually race with. The sound is really deep and loud but I absolutely love it. It is getting louder everyday. This is one of the deepest sounding exhausts I have ever heard.

The install for the trial header was a pain in the a$$. My J-spec celica stock celica had an exhaust recycling mechanism on the header which does not exist on the Trial (or TRD) header. This has triggered a CEL but it has been removed. Also there was no way that the bottom heatshield could be installed. We only managed to fit the top part to prevent heat entering the cabin.

I have destroyed my CAT the second day I installed the exhaust. It rattles a lot and I am thinking of removing it. It is getting on my nerves.

I spent quite a lot of money to get these parts (shipping to Greece+customs) but I don't regret it.

I know you are gonna ask for vids so let me tell you this. I have arranged to race an integra type -r and a civic type-r (latest type) this friday and my friend will have a camera so I will try to post it. I am gonna need some instructions on how to do it though...

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I have always said the TSRM and header was the way to go!

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
uhh.. i'm not following your probs that you're having w/the exhaust recirculation thing.. guess the us ones don't have it :confused:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Exhaust Gas Recirculation...EGR in other words..it's an emissions component, and the US spec Celicas don't have it. EGR valves usually have a tube that would come off the header, to the valve, then into the intake area. EGR is used to cool the combustion chambers by introducing "dead air" into the car. Helps reduce NOX emissions.
I'm a certified emissions tech for Alaska...Finally a very techie question I know on here! hehe

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
heh.. that's odd that the new celica doesn't have egr in the states... my 88 celica had an egr valve that would get clogged every few years

·
Registered
755 Posts
a lot of newer models are leaving them off...a lot of Jeeps don't have them...tho chevy's and fords and some dodges have em...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i still can't believe the difference this exhaust made across the whole rpm range. Lift is still strong and it feels stronger in 3rd and 4th gear.

I have to fix my CAT cause it is completely broken. It rattles a lot. you can tell something broken is in there. A technician told me this was caused by the high gas flow by the header.

For the techies in here: Do you guys think that there might be a problem with not using EGR?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Dimitri said:
A technician told me this was caused by the high gas flow by the header.
i think that's bs.... your cat might start going bad if you're running really rich for a long time, not if you have a header.

as for the egr... whenever mine clogged up on my 88 celica, the check engine light came on... good luck w/that... i don't know what to say

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
00CelicaRuss do you really think it is BS? Guess what! The divider that is in the end of the header broke. The technician was wrong but what hapenned is that the divider came off the header and broke the CAT. This is why it made the funny noise.

I am dissapointed with the quality of the Trial Header but it still performs great. It was a good chance to install a high flow CAT.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
oh wow! i'm surprised about that! I'm sure Trial will replace it for you (if you want to wait for a new one and do the install again) :gap:

Anyways.. i was saying bs on just having a header ruining your cat... nothing about a piece of the header breaking off.

I'm hopefully going to hit the track today :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I raced a 180hp 1996 Civic Vti in a 1000meter race and I won by 2.5 cars. I have it on a video file and you can hear how loud my exhaust is. Some people thought I had nitrous on my car because I won. I love this exhaust.

How can I post this file?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
tsrm...i wonder if that ever got dynoed....cuz to the best of my knowledge, the TRD is by far the best dynoed exhaust so far..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts