NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so now that my stupid car is running again I got to Dyno the DC Sports header.

stupid scanner is being retarded so heres the text version.

**NOTE: This is done on a MUSTANG DYNO not a dyno jet so ignore the numbers and look at the gains. (typical 6% loss due to the 2782lbs load the cars were put under.**

Stock ECU/I/E

170.8 whp @ 8000 rpms
119.1 wtq @ 7000 rpms

Stock ECU/I/E/DC Sports Header

170.5 whp @ 7750 rpms
121.4 wtq @ 7000 rpms

Result - DC made basically same hp only sooner and made 2.3 wtq more.

Now For the Trial Header vs DC Sports Header comparison

00silvergts6spd/ DC Sports

170.5 whp @ 7750 rpms
121.4 wtq @ 7000 rpms

N/A2zz/Trial Header

171.4 whp @ 8250 rpm
119.0 wtq @ 7000 rpm

**The first trial dyno was pretty bad so we used run # 2. DC only got 1 run so we didnt have much choices lol**

From 5300 rpms - 8000 rpms DC > Trial

at 6725 rpms DC > trial by about 15 hp and 15 tq

from 2000 - 5300 the graphs were identical. but trial stops going up and dc doesnt. then trial spikes a lil higher at the end of the run.

My conclusion TPR better get some good gains or we're screwed. Also FYI DC header did better with the power fc. not gonna talk about those numbers though cause we were tuning the trial but not the dc. (was not my tuning day) I just squeezed in 3 runs after we finished his car.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Don't happen to have a digicam to take pics of the dynos, do you? :)
Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
My conclusion TPR better get some good gains or we're screwed.
Don't worry about that. ;) TPR's race header will be much more free flowing than either of those two, and better tuned. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Don't happen to have a digicam to take pics of the dynos, do you? :)Don't worry about that. ;) TPR's race header will be much more free flowing than either of those two, and better tuned. :thumbup:
nope and I hope so cause you guys are all thats left lol.

·
Registered
320 Posts
wow dc by a big margin in performance and price, im glad i got a dc header instead of the trial now lets wait for that tpr piece and hope the gains are huge

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
sorry a little sleepy now, but I have to ask Mike how is it ok to compare the dc on your car to the trial on someone else's? Shouldn't the dc and trial both be tested on your car to compare the two?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I guess the figures cannot be taken at face value, but the power curve should more or less look similar. DC Sports still did a good job in making more power down low, and Mike's car has always dynoed low...

mark

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
QTRMLR_1 said:
sorry a little sleepy now, but I have to ask Mike how is it ok to compare the dc on your car to the trial on someone else's? Shouldn't the dc and trial both be tested on your car to compare the two?
honestly - who has an extra 3 hours at the dyno AND the spare header needed to swap out the header on a weeknight.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
i dont understand that. the first trial header we dynoed it got a 10 hp increase. im a little scepticle because i saw that dyno with my eyes it was done the same day a few hours later.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
ok... enough said.... I don't think the dc header is worth it anymore. I will wait for a TPR combo: intake, exhaust and header.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
X-EVIL-X said:
i dont understand that. the first trial header we dynoed it got a 10 hp increase. im a little scepticle because i saw that dyno with my eyes it was done the same day a few hours later.
And when we dynoed Illusive's Trial header we saw a whopping *1* HP gain. AFTER proper tuning (it lost power before that)

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
And when we dynoed Illusive's Trial header we saw a whopping *1* HP gain. AFTER proper tuning (it lost power before that)
Weird.

But you cant compare one car to another. One could have had a dirty MAFS or filter, could have more miles, could be anything wrong with it.

It your gonna compare dyno's you have to do it with the same car with the least amount of time between each run.

But I'm waiting for my friend to finish his header.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Way I see it is, at least he dynoed the DC header for us to get an idea of what kind of power it puts out. Even if it is not on top of Trial but they are both in the same ballpark, the only difference that DC costs a lot less.....

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
These numbers agree with the results we've seen. Of course there are variations, but these numbers are definitely in the ballpark.

We also saw best results with the DC once tuning was done with the PFC. Still nothing earthshattering, but repeatable gains.

A stock-style replacement header can't realistically make +10whp on a GTS with bolt-ons. The stock header is just not that bad.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
monkeywrench said:
The stock header is just not that bad.
Bingo - the stock unit is VERY nice for a production car.

Its also why I keep sayind we need a full on 4-2-1 race header with decat.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well it's simple. although 2 different cars were used the before #'s were almost Identical, the curves were almost identical, the A/F was almost identical, and hell we even got the exact same numbers sharing the same pfc map. IMO you cant hope for a better match.

I don't own a dyno, I'm not rich and I dont own a trial header. So, this is the best you're gonna get. I'm not too concerned with all your petty request because I have NOTHING to gain from any of this. I was curious for my own intrests and I decided to share my findings with everyone else since nobody has done it yet.

Also since I dont sell anything and I'm not affiliated with anyone who does I can tell every one to piss off :gap: cause I really only care about me and my car :chuckles:

so in short if you dont like my results too bad. Go make your own with what ever method you think best. I coulda used trials first run and skewed the results. but it was a bad run for whatever reason and didnt repeat so I didnt use that one. I don't like EITHER header cause a race header would > both combined IMO.

for everyone who appreciated the post for what it was you're welcome :D

for everyone else go to hell :fawk: :chuckles:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
that's reasonable. wow 2 cars w/ almost the same dyno...
I didn't mean to show any dis-respect or lack of appreciation...just had to pose the question.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts