NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Anyone who has made a custom box the fits snug into the trunk... in other words, looks like the floor is raised with the subs in it... what did you guys use for a template to cut the wood exact to conform with the trunk plastics? Will the carpet work to trace? What do you think...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Idea.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything other ideas?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I would have to say that cardboard is a good bet. Lay it under the panels, and trace it. If you are doing it higher up, start with a surface at the height you need it at. From there, take little pieces of cardboard to get the outline. Basically, use long strips. Run the strips the width of the car. Push them all the way into the panels, and tape it. Continue doing this all around the panel. This should give you a template.

Unfortunately there isn't a super easy way to make it fit. Just take some time, and trace/scribe it out. Find some scrap wood or something to make a test piece. Once that's set, make your final product.

I am doing all fiberglass in my trunk, so I didn't have to trace anything. Hopefully somone that has done this can give you a better idea on how to go about this.

Curt

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
one other thing, you can't just make a piece of wood that covers the whole floor... because you can't take it in and out. i'm pretty sure anyway. i tried this with a piece of styrophone i used as a template. (it was a sheet). i kinda used the carpet as a guide and trimmed it up. but i had to cut it in half to get it to go in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts