NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey NC,

Some of you may know me by this car, My 2000 Greddy supercharged GTS.

Well, it blew up and I didn't care to fix it, or to even be boosted anymore,

so I got this; a 2003 celica gts.. because I really like celicas :D

I bought it from a fellow NC member, Max2002.

You may remember the car from when it was sporting awesomely wide Work Meisters.

He sold those separately.. not that I would've wanted to rock those same wheels.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with the car and it's in great condition.

Here's some more bad cell phone pics (sorry)

The current mods list is short and I plan to keep it that way.

Current mods are :

-K sport coilovers

-Rotora BBK

-Greddy Evo2 catback exhaust

-action package sides / rear

-Greddy Gracer front lip

-some adapters with Evo 8 wheels (the fitment is actually ok)

and thats all.

I do have some plans for the car.

I want some more low and some wheels.

Also not fully sure but I'm thinking of re-painting it scion cement grey.

There's something about that color I really like (although the 040 is really growing on me)

After that, I want to focus on cleanliness details and some interior stuff.

I definitely want digital climate control, and a jdm console rear view cam.

maybe some seats and a custom sub box (the car is already 100% dynamatted)

Here's a quick photoshop I did of the car with 17xsomething low offset OZ futuras.

I'm pretty set on these wheels, but I haven't quite made up my mind. What does everyone think?

I didn't lower it more in the photoshop but I definitely will, and I may not want to end up with that much poke either.

..comments appreciated, thanks

·
FU-Q
2,469 Posts
Truspin's 040 GTS

Do the cement. My fiancé just got a 13' tc and that color has grown on me a lot. I have an 040 gts as well and I've always wanted to see a celica painted in cement. Nice pick up btw!

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I also have a 040 and I really like the color.. If you're serious about the digital climate control, I have the digital HVAC that I want to get rid off.. PM me and I'll send you pics if you're interested

·
The Brotéch
811 Posts
I love my Carbon Blue, but if for any magic reason I ever have to get another celica, im getting a 040 :D otherwise a 8m6.

Looking good man, this pic was the last bit of motivation I need to start looking into lowering my car more, I have the same kit but with the TRD wing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ohh Mann 040 super pro. I wanted 040 when I was looking for celicas . U got lucky. :) how much did u spend on the new celica ????????

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'd say use the same wheels you had on your old celi, they look great on 03+ front with a lip
maybe make them hypersilver :drool:
but both your celica's are really clean, love to see updates!
Thanks!

and I agree the XXRs were interesting but I'm definitely going for a more unique set of wheels then that this time

Get those rims. They are 1000x better than XXRs
I agree

Looking good!

Check out the Socal thread, we have a meet tomorrow and if you can't make it, you don't want to miss T.O.R.C (all Toyota meet) next Saturday :thumbup:
Thanks man! I'll definitely be at T.O.R.C , I live 5 minutes from the venue, I just saw the thread about it

Do the cement. My fiancé just got a 13' tc and that color has grown on me a lot. I have an 040 gts as well and I've always wanted to see a celica painted in cement. Nice pick up btw!
Thanks! I'm actually surprisingly very into the 040 right now, but I also still think the grey would be sweet too.. I see those TCs rollin

I do plan on a respray regardless so I guess I'll decide when the time comes

I'll do some photoshop renderings before then for sure

Great buy, 040 is looking very nice
Thanks!

I also have a 040 and I really like the color.. If you're serious about the digital climate control, I have the digital HVAC that I want to get rid off.. PM me and I'll send you pics if you're interested
Thanks! I haven't done enough research on it but it is something I really want, I'll pm you

I love my Carbon Blue, but if for any magic reason I ever have to get another celica, im getting a 040 :D otherwise a 8m6.

Looking good man, this pic was the last bit of motivation I need to start looking into lowering my car more, I have the same kit but with the TRD wing.
Thanks man! Your car looks great too, lower it more for sure though

congrats on your new car! just put those 18x11 rims. dont be shy.. haha..
Thanks! The car went to a good home for sure.

Looks awesome!
Thanks!

I really like the evo wheels lol
Lemme know if you need help building a set of futuras

hell no!
For sure, thanks man.

I've been doing a ton of research.

I just passed up a set of powder coated white 17x8 +35 5x100 Rotiform nues

I want step lip, I need the Futuras

I'll pm you

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, I finally picked up some wheels.

I did really want some 3 piece OZ Futuras or Rotiform tmbs but I just couldn't justify putting wheels that baller on my daily.
I ended up going with these Whistler KR1s. I also had them powder coated velvet red. I think they look great. The pics really don't do the color justice.

The specs are 18x9.5 +35 all around. I'll be running 25mm rear spacers and 5mm up front. So effective offsets will be +30front +10rear.
I just mounted 215/40 Federals.

I guess this is a teaser because the car is in the shop right now getting new studs. They were shaved to fit the current adapters. As soon as thats done, on they go.

Here's some bad pics.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on the the Whistlers :applaud: loving the set up on your car btw, I've been meaning to get the Greddy lip for a while now but every time I save up I find something else I want instead lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for the wait, I had some problems clearing my brakes up front and needed to order new spacers.
Here's how it turned out though.

I think it was worth the wait. I'm really happy with both the color and the fitment.

Final specs are 18x9.5 squared +25 front +10 rear on 215/40 federals -2.5 camber all around.
Dropped on K-sports with plenty of threads left.
It's actually rubbing hard in the back though but I think another 2 degrees of camber will make it perfect.

Sorry for the bad pic.. haven't had time for a real shoot. oh and my lip is shot.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts