NewCelica.org Forum banner

Truspin's 040 GT-S

13K views 46 replies 28 participants last post by  truspin86 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey NC,

Some of you may know me by this car, My 2000 Greddy supercharged GTS.

Well, it blew up and I didn't care to fix it, or to even be boosted anymore,

so I got this; a 2003 celica gts.. because I really like celicas :D

I bought it from a fellow NC member, Max2002.

You may remember the car from when it was sporting awesomely wide Work Meisters.

He sold those separately.. not that I would've wanted to rock those same wheels.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with the car and it's in great condition.

Here's some more bad cell phone pics (sorry)

The current mods list is short and I plan to keep it that way.

Current mods are :

-K sport coilovers

-Rotora BBK

-Greddy Evo2 catback exhaust

-action package sides / rear

-Greddy Gracer front lip

-some adapters with Evo 8 wheels (the fitment is actually ok)

and thats all.

I do have some plans for the car.

I want some more low and some wheels.

Also not fully sure but I'm thinking of re-painting it scion cement grey.

There's something about that color I really like (although the 040 is really growing on me)

After that, I want to focus on cleanliness details and some interior stuff.

I definitely want digital climate control, and a jdm console rear view cam.

maybe some seats and a custom sub box (the car is already 100% dynamatted)

Here's a quick photoshop I did of the car with 17xsomething low offset OZ futuras.

I'm pretty set on these wheels, but I haven't quite made up my mind. What does everyone think?

I didn't lower it more in the photoshop but I definitely will, and I may not want to end up with that much poke either.

..comments appreciated, thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
I also have a 040 and I really like the color.. If you're serious about the digital climate control, I have the digital HVAC that I want to get rid off.. PM me and I'll send you pics if you're interested

#8 ·
I love my Carbon Blue, but if for any magic reason I ever have to get another celica, im getting a 040 :D otherwise a 8m6.

Looking good man, this pic was the last bit of motivation I need to start looking into lowering my car more, I have the same kit but with the TRD wing.

#15 ·
So, I finally picked up some wheels.

I did really want some 3 piece OZ Futuras or Rotiform tmbs but I just couldn't justify putting wheels that baller on my daily.
I ended up going with these Whistler KR1s. I also had them powder coated velvet red. I think they look great. The pics really don't do the color justice.

The specs are 18x9.5 +35 all around. I'll be running 25mm rear spacers and 5mm up front. So effective offsets will be +30front +10rear.
I just mounted 215/40 Federals.

I guess this is a teaser because the car is in the shop right now getting new studs. They were shaved to fit the current adapters. As soon as thats done, on they go.

Here's some bad pics.

#19 ·
Sorry for the wait, I had some problems clearing my brakes up front and needed to order new spacers.
Here's how it turned out though.

I think it was worth the wait. I'm really happy with both the color and the fitment.

Final specs are 18x9.5 squared +25 front +10 rear on 215/40 federals -2.5 camber all around.
Dropped on K-sports with plenty of threads left.
It's actually rubbing hard in the back though but I think another 2 degrees of camber will make it perfect.

Sorry for the bad pic.. haven't had time for a real shoot. oh and my lip is shot.

#22 ·
Thanks!

Glad you're back to updating. I'm liking the wheels. Seems like the front needs further spacing though :shrugs:
Thanks! Yeah, Ive been out of the game for a while.. had a busy year.
I have big plans for the car this summer though.

As for the front fitment, this pic really just doesn't do it justice.
The fronts are actually exactly flush, maybe 1-2mm of poke (with a 3-5 mm fender pull) and the tires
hit the fender at full lock. (can't even fit a finger in at the top of the arch)
The Federals also didn't stretch quite as much as I anticipated
so that also contributed to me going with +25 as opposed to a +20 up front.
That being said, the stance is by no means complete.
I'm planning on going lower as well so I may end up with more
natural camber and more poke near the ground with the rim tucking slightly
at the top of the arch. I like that look.. similar to btoon's car since he stepped up to 18s.
The rears poke more than 5mm but are also rubbing like crazy so to remedy that I'm thinking of adding
about 2 more degrees of camber very soon.

This is also my first time dialing in such an aggressive stance and I've done a ton of research but
any input is still welcome. Slammed celica owners feel free to make suggestions.

#26 ·
Here's a pic in an attempt to resurrect my readers rides thread. I wish more people still posted on here.. I'm getting so tired of all the little kids and nonsense on the fb group.

I recently adjusted my rear camber to about -4.6
I think it's almost perfect now

#30 ·
You did a super nice job on your car, looks super cool man!
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

Some of us are still here
Just nothing new ever happens with Celicas anymore
true, glad some of us still post though. Actually, I think the wing that Brandon on the FB group is making would be considered something new. I'm definitely excited about that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.