NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m trying to get my celi to pass inspection that had a turbo. I disconnected my turbo, put the factory computer and injectors back in along with the factory exhaust and air filter. Now it won’t stay running. It’ll start then die immediately. Could it be because I swapped the pistons to mahle 10.1? In advance thank you so much!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m in Texas near a big city so I have to pass smog test. Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
267 Posts
When you said you disconnected your turbo, does that mean you put on stock headers, exhaust and intake? If you're not running a MAF with a stock intake, or something like a CAI it won't run properly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we put the factory maf and intake back in.
Smaay I will check the vacuum lines from your guide. The car will stay running if I put my hand over the intake to choke it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went through all the vacuum lines and they are correct. My car is still doing the same thing. Starts right up and dies immediately, but you can make it run by manually choking it with my hand. It’s been 2 weeks or more. But thanks for all the help. Surely it’s somethin simple I’m missing, but what?

·
Registered
207 Posts
You have the oem ecu and injectors, oem exhaust with the 2 o2 sensors in place (check).
Start it up. Let it run (choke with your hands) and warm up a little, now your ecu is in closed loop and you can read it out with ODB. The ecu try to maintain lambda 1. So it wil compensate the overkill of O2 by the dueltrimms (stft). At least you can read the code. But to through a code it has to run for a while
It has to be a vaccum leak or the throttle body sensor is not connected or bad.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I went through all the vacuum lines and they are correct. My car is still doing the same thing. Starts right up and dies immediately, but you can make it run by manually choking it with my hand. It’s been 2 weeks or more. But thanks for all the help. Surely it’s somethin simple I’m missing, but what?
Did you get the breather and PCV crossed?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I’ve done all this. Seems to be running good now but I’m getting a lean code now. P0171. So it still won’t pass. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it was at some point but we swapped it, I’m sure because now it’s running great but throws lean code p0171

1 - 13 of 13 Posts