NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to meineki today and got an estimate for a 3in exhaust w/ a highflow cat and flexpipe and they told me it was going to cost about 500 bucks!!!!, what are some exahust setups that everone else turboed has? and how much was it?

First they told me that 3 inch pipe wouldnt fit and then they told me i would need backpressure on my car even with my turbo....

They said it would be a 3 hour job and that the cat would be 250 bucks, and the flex pipe would be 90, anyone know where to get cats and flexpipe thats good but cheaper that what was quoted to me?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Originally posted by venomceli
I went to meineki today and got an estimate for a 3in exhaust w/ a highflow cat and flexpipe and they told me it was going to cost about 500 bucks!!!!, what are some exahust setups that everone else turboed has? and how much was it?

First they told me that 3 inch pipe wouldnt fit and then they told me i would need backpressure on my car even with my turbo....

They said it would be a 3 hour job and that the cat would be 250 bucks, and the flex pipe would be 90, anyone know where to get cats and flexpipe thats good but cheaper that what was quoted to me?
I'm not sure about the cat but I'm sure you can get a decent one for around $100. Also, I just got a stainless steel flex pipe for like $30 shipped off ebay. Check atpturbo.com for the cat and decently priced flex pipes....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Originally posted by bubba30mmk
wow you guys in the us are lucky my custom exhaust with decat worked out to

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by trdnerd
Guys im getting c2power st1 already have everything but no one told me if i need a flex pipe or is this just something you can get but not needed? My 2.5 mandrel bent cost me 300.

It's not needed. I don't have one and I have stage 2.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Bing said:
It's not needed. I don't have one and I have stage 2.
That's probably because you are still running the stock exhaust system? No? If that's the case, and for the user who asked, you don't need one because the stock exhaust system has a flexpipe installed.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Originally posted by aerospike2002
That's probably because you are still running the stock exhaust system? No? If that's the case, and for the user who asked, you don't need one because the stock exhaust system has a flexpipe installed.
It does? I don't remember ever seeing one....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea the flexpipe you are talking about isnt really flexpipe, the springs from the exhaust to the exhaust manifold do pretty much the same thing as flexpipe i imagine

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Originally posted by trdnerd
I have a 2.5 catback now which means from header to cat is stock do i need one or not, they are 20 bucks on ebay.
It really wouldn't hurt. It may save you from some headaches later on...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks mtskibum16, i totaled the cat and flexpipe at 180, almost a third of what they were going to charge me, im going to get some extimates tomarrow from different shops that ive hear about and see what they can do....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yeah...you should get MUCH cheaper estimates if you tell them that you already have the cat and flex-pipe. Let us know what your new estimates are...

·
Registered
202 Posts
so running 2.5 exhaust is okey with turbo ? wouldn't u see hp gain if you go with 3 inch ? right now I have rs-r axle back exhaust which is 2.5 so if I get mid pipe from tpr ( hasn't come out yeat) in the future then my exhaust system would be ready for turbo ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.