NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wonderin how would i know if i need a tune up. what would a tune up includes and what's the cost for a good tune up...

·
Registered
179 Posts
id say tune up at 60K. new plugs and wires, cleaned MAFS, oil change, tire rotation, clean TB, clean cylinder heads. new belts, engine coolant, alternator/battery CHECK. thats what i would want.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
futrbullownr said:
id say tune up at 60K. new plugs and wires, cleaned MAFS, oil change, tire rotation, clean TB, clean cylinder heads. new belts, engine coolant, alternator/battery CHECK. thats what i would want.
Werd.. Btw we don't have spark plug wires.
Oil change is a must every 3000-4000 Miles.
If you past over 55-60 miles its best to get everything flush and clean.
Coolant flush at the dealer i think runs around 140 or more forgot.

Clean MAF = DYI
Clean throttle body = DYI
Plugs = DYI, or someone if you don't have the time. Iridiums are the best to go.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
2003CBGTS said:
^^^ we dont have spark plug wires? never noticed that

you never noticed the coil-packs instead of a distributor???

Id definitly say for a 60k tune up. Flush; Coolant, Brake, Power Steering. Drain and Refill; Transmission and Oil. If not already done, switch to SYnthetic Oil. I just did it and it makes the engine feel 30k younger.

Get new plugs (at least check for wear). New air filter. Seafoam. Clean IACV, MAF.

Can't think of much else, other than if you have a 2zz, check lift bolts.

·
Banned
65 Posts
A tune up will probably cost you somewhere between $100 - $200.. If you're asking what a tune up is I suggest you don't do it to your car, lol; But to answer your question, yes you can do it yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts