NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys like the title says i would like some feedback and info on some tuning options for a DBW 03 celica, i have looked the fourms and searched for info and even asked the senior members here and there really isnt a definite answer. I know the ecu's on our cars reflash and over ride piggy back systems. So if thats the case what are ppl using? PE Camcon? E-manage?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
If you want to use a standalone like a power fc, contact Boosted2.0 for a harness to make it compatible with +03 DBW

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
-Hydra (most expensive i think)
-AEM standalone (TC dbw guys use it but dont think any celica people do) ;
-PFC with the boosted2.0 harness ;
-Greddy Emanage (& ultimate) ;
-AEM FI/C.

i think that is all of them in price order'ish.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^ why dont any celica guys use the AEM standalone? and i know turbokits.com uses the AEM FI/C, what can you tune with these? And how is the Emanage Ultimate from ppl using them?

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Just make sure you look completely in to all of them. There are reasons why there are so many. All do similar things but as price goes up so do the options and what is capable of each unit.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i have no idea why noone uses the AEM standalone other then it is very expensive and celica owners are cheap ;) the emanage and aem FIC are both piggybacks

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much did the harness cost you? along with that 1000 for the pfc. does it work really good?

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
for daily driving i am going to just stick with the emanage ultimate for now. maybe down the road go with boosted's harness and pfc

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
the AEM standalone can work on the celica but it takes a lot to do it. AEM was never able to crack the ECU to get the EMS to work. it is unfortunate because i have an AEM in my Supra and All-Trac and i love it.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so it is possible, would i have to call AEM about it? and what would i need to do to use it?

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Look up the price for what the PFC is nowadays, the price of Boosted2.0's harness, and the datalogit, and come back and say it's cheaper than the Hydra...

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is it easy to tune the hydra compared to the pfc?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
i was quoted 1100 by a forum sponsor for a hydra ecu for my 03 so its really not that expensive just gave to look around...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
dumb question with no search....is the Hydra a piggyback or standalone for the DBW and does it still use OBD II?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
which is better hydra or PFC?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts