NewCelica.org Forum banner

Tuning Options for +03 DBW Celica

4K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Jesse IL 
#1 ·
hey guys like the title says i would like some feedback and info on some tuning options for a DBW 03 celica, i have looked the fourms and searched for info and even asked the senior members here and there really isnt a definite answer. I know the ecu's on our cars reflash and over ride piggy back systems. So if thats the case what are ppl using? PE Camcon? E-manage?

#4 ·
-Hydra (most expensive i think)
-AEM standalone (TC dbw guys use it but dont think any celica people do) ;
-PFC with the boosted2.0 harness ;
-Greddy Emanage (& ultimate) ;
-AEM FI/C.

i think that is all of them in price order'ish.

#5 ·
^^^^ why dont any celica guys use the AEM standalone? and i know turbokits.com uses the AEM FI/C, what can you tune with these? And how is the Emanage Ultimate from ppl using them?

#9 ·
how much did the harness cost you? along with that 1000 for the pfc. does it work really good?

#13 ·
so it is possible, would i have to call AEM about it? and what would i need to do to use it?

#14 ·
Look up the price for what the PFC is nowadays, the price of Boosted2.0's harness, and the datalogit, and come back and say it's cheaper than the Hydra...

#15 ·
is it easy to tune the hydra compared to the pfc?

#20 ·
which is better hydra or PFC?

#21 ·
and if AEM standalone was possible how would i compare with PFC and Hydra?

#22 ·
from doing a search a few months ago, I found the opinion that the hydra has a horrible user interface and is a PITA to use. though it has lots of nice features. it was compared to the Power FC which is simpler but much easier to tune with. I wouldn't be surprised if only a handful of people on this site have used the hydra. If you go with the Power FC on the other hand, you'll have a lot of support.

it'd be best to find someone who actually uses the hydra and ask them about it.

My guess is that the AEM is like the hydra, yet the AEM has a great user interface and is easy to tune with.

#24 ·
#25 ·
I have Hydra and the new hardware upgrade which is 2.6 version makes tunning on Hydra much easier. so the inerface imporved a lot compared to 2.5 version
PFC is probaly the most used ecu w/celica and other 2zz equped cars but mostly celica.
also Hydra w/DBW celica also uses stock ecu for CAN BUS conrol, like airbags, air pump and bunch of othere things. only non DBW Hydra is fully stand alone

Aem EMS is a good stand alone as well but not that many know how to use it on the celica but supposedly its much easier to tune than Hydra although I only have exprence w/Hydra. Hydra also have knock preventive features where PFC does not.

all standalone ecu are not OBDII compliant
if you need OBDII for emissions just swap your stock ecu when time comes for emissions.

#27 ·
I think for celica 00-03 you use it along w/stock ecu

but non drive-by-wire is full stand alone on certian apllications

I have matrix 2zz so its all stand alone for me

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.