NewCelica.org Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
How much airflow does the stock ECU like - I've seen 4.7v+ on my MAF, and the injector input duty is stuck on 100% but the map corrects that back down to 70% ish.

I have some odd behaviour on my setup - I can get it bang on, with good,single figure fuel-trims, but then after an hour or so cruising on the motorway, the idle is 17:1 and WOT is 10.8:1. It seem so to happen regardless of whether or not I have the AF target map set, so I guess it must be the ECU itself that's drifting :(

I'm wondering whether the hight MAF voltages are upsetting the stock ECU - if it runs off the top of the mapped range, I wonder if the fuel-trim algorithm comes unstuck :shrugs:

·
Registered
125 Posts
does the trim for the cell you are cruising in stay where it is?

MAF part number changed a couple of years ago, reads differently at different flows. Not a lot, enough for a stock ECU to cope with, but my setup needed re-scaled to be really happy again.

perhaps 4.7 is just too much? Are you still at ~230bhp? would have thought you would be fine if so.

Idle should never be 17:1, except for briefly until the short term trim sorts it.

Another suggestion, I once had a similar problem, could tune the trims for city or motorway, but not both - that was when the mixer flappy things in the intake manifold (sorry, I forget the name) were broken. I assume this caused the flow curve not to match the ECU's model.

Finally, an STI owning neighbor had a problem with his car of a boost leak than only happened under certain conditions. His was acceleration twisted the engines on their mounts, opening a leak that was otherwise sealed. Bugger to track down, but once he found it the car was a totally different beast. Couldn't be something like this? Something opening up under those cruise conditions?

Avendit
(sans celica now)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hi Guys

Can you please tell me if I should set Ultimate JP13 to short pins 1-2 or to open if I want to read water temp? It seems information around here and on the internet is inconsistant. Some say short pins 1-2, some say set it on open, some say on short 1-2 they have inconsistant reading + overheat due to cooling fan not kicking in and some say they have burned out their EMU with JP13 @ open. All these 1zz, 2zz owners. Im using factory water temp sensor paralel with oem ECU 2006 year car, Denso ECU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So to make this clear, when my LTFT on my log is negative i subtract fuel on that specific cell on the emu? Cuz im assuming we should be adding fuel so it can get as close as zero as possible.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Running Greddy / Trust E-manage Ultimate 2.32 on Windows 10 64bit OS version 1909

There were many changes in Windows 7/8/10 especially with 64bit variants, which made harder and harder to run Greddy EMU tool and it's drivers. EMU tool and its driver both designed for a 32bit OS, originally / officially up to Windows 7.

Here is a guide how I managed to make it work on currently (2020 january) latest Windows 10 version 1909 running on a 64bit Microsoft Surface Pro device.
I have used:
1. Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.2 Platform package - Windows hosts Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox
2. Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.2 Extension Pack Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox
3. Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.2 Guest OS Additions Index of http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.2
4. Windows XP 32bit OS installer iso file

After installing VirtualBox + Extension Pack, it did refuse to start a virtual machine in Windows 10. The "VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED" error means that some service in Windows 10 that uses Microsoft Hyper-V is active in your host PC OS. In most cases Hyper-V blocks Virtualbox.

Resolution for VirtualBox not starting a VM:
To turn Hyper-V off completely, do this:

1. Shut down all programs. You will have to reboot your host.

2. Find the Command Prompt icon in Windows 10, right click it and choose Run As Administrator.

3. Enter this command:
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
bcdedit /set hypervisordebug off

4. Enter this command:
shutdown -s -t 2

5. When the computer turns off, unplug it for 20 seconds. Then plug it in again and boot up Windows 10.

After that you need to mount inside VirtualBox the Windows XP install CD iso file and install Windows XP, configure it. Then install VirtualBox Guest OS Additions iso file (link above). After that, enable USB support in VirtualBox console and copy Greddy EMU installer files to virtualized Windows XP OS disk (before starting WIN XP in virtual machine). Then install EMU software in guest OS and connect USB cable to Greddy Ultimate while running WIN XP OS virtualized. Use WIN XP's device manager to manually install EMU driver (which is located in your EMU program install folder / drivers).

That's it.

Windows 10 Devices with Windows Sandboxing, Device Guard and Credential Guard enabled (typically enterprise managed, corporate devices, will have more difficulty in this process), use your personal device with the above list.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
When you use a piggyback system to modify original ECU control signals care must be taken to optimise fuel trims not to upset the OEM ECU, but still maintain proper AFR. With OBD reader and using Torque Pro application on Android phone a full log can be recorded and here is the visualisation I have come up within Microsoft Excel. Using this visualization and based on it's data making changes in my piggyback system fuel injection values (with large efforts though) my fuel trims are stable in the + / - 5% region and AFR is also properly set for the engine in all operating conditions. Climate changes (winter/summer) also peace of cake now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Running Greddy / Trust E-manage Ultimate 2.32 on Windows 10 64bit OS version 1909

There were many changes in Windows 7/8/10 especially with 64bit variants, which made harder and harder to run Greddy EMU tool and it's drivers. EMU tool and its driver both designed for a 32bit OS, originally / officially up to Windows 7.

Here is a guide how I managed to make it work on currently (2020 january) latest Windows 10 version 1909 running on a 64bit Microsoft Surface Pro device.
I have used:
1. Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.2 Platform package - Windows hosts Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox
2. Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.2 Extension Pack Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox
3. Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.2 Guest OS Additions Index of http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.2
4. Windows XP 32bit OS installer iso file

After installing VirtualBox + Extension Pack, it did refuse to start a virtual machine in Windows 10. The "VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED" error means that some service in Windows 10 that uses Microsoft Hyper-V is active in your host PC OS. In most cases Hyper-V blocks Virtualbox.

Resolution for VirtualBox not starting a VM:
To turn Hyper-V off completely, do this:

1. Shut down all programs. You will have to reboot your host.

2. Find the Command Prompt icon in Windows 10, right click it and choose Run As Administrator.

3. Enter this command:
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
bcdedit /set hypervisordebug off

4. Enter this command:
shutdown -s -t 2

5. When the computer turns off, unplug it for 20 seconds. Then plug it in again and boot up Windows 10.

After that you need to mount inside VirtualBox the Windows XP install CD iso file and install Windows XP, configure it. Then install VirtualBox Guest OS Additions iso file (link above). After that, enable USB support in VirtualBox console and copy Greddy EMU installer files to virtualized Windows XP OS disk (before starting WIN XP in virtual machine). Then install EMU software in guest OS and connect USB cable to Greddy Ultimate while running WIN XP OS virtualized. Use WIN XP's device manager to manually install EMU driver (which is located in your EMU program install folder / drivers).

That's it.

Windows 10 Devices with Windows Sandboxing, Device Guard and Credential Guard enabled (typically enterprise managed, corporate devices, will have more difficulty in this process), use your personal device with the above list.
Thanks so much! I never had the thought to run it from a VM... sometimes someone has to point you to the obvious. I will definitely be trying this soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The XP virtual machine works perfectly! So glad I don't need to find another junk laptop to out XP on. Now I can do all of this from my win10 tablet through the VM.
@mozso thanks a ton for sharing this idea and detailing how you made it work.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts