NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to post these pics of a GT body with an interesting suprise inside....these where taken in Florida at the spring break tuner bash.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Got to be a swap. the turbo is in the front. Nice to have the turbo but looks like sh**.

·
Registered
497 Posts
utah_gonz said:
Got to be a swap. the turbo is in the front. Nice to have the turbo but looks like sh**.
Since when does a turbo have to look good!? People who install turbo's generally do that for performance...not for looks.. ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Alright let me tell what this motor is. It the motor off the Turbo MR2. He's pushing 14 psi and doesn't know what the dyno is or the time slips. It only been in the car for week he said. He also told me is has a centerforce double puck clutch with the TRD pressure plate.
I also told him about this board so hopefully he will join us.
Dan

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
oh very nice i give mad props to that guy

LovinDaCamSwitch so do you personally know this guy man?

is he from the board or even know about nc.org?

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Is this news? I've heard that some one else already did the 3s-GTE swap like last year. 3S-GTEs were also found in Celica All-Tracs and GT-4s and the IS200 as well as the MR-2s.

Still he gets props cause as we all know the 3S-GTE is arguably the best 4 cylinder ever made and it has mad potential.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
No ****. Someone got to the 3S swap before me. :cool: Much props for the job well done. I think it actually looks pretty good. Wonder how well it's running? Need more info!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
coOOlcelica said:
oh very nice i give mad props to that guy

LovinDaCamSwitch so do you personally know this guy man?

is he from the board or even know about nc.org?
Well I dont know much about him. I just met him at the Tuner Bash show. I've told him about the NC.org and he never heard of it before. So I did tell him about it and told him he will get alot of props if he does come on this board. But yeah it really a nice setup, it just made me drool looking at it. hehe!!
Dan

·
Registered
910 Posts
oh hell yeah! thats the first time ive seen that, i think that looks so awesome*drools*:)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked to the guy also and he said the motor came off an mr2 and also heard him mumble something about 350 to the wheels. The car has an authentic veilside kit which I will post more of later.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I wonder what he has done to the suspension to make up for the extra 100+ pounds in the front og the car?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
His Celi looks like it'll be a drag racing bad-ass. I wonder how much more nose-heavy his Celi is now, though? One thing to consider is that the heavier 3sgte engine, with its iron block, might hurt his handling and braking characteristics a bit, since his front/rear weight distribution will be off. Nevertheless, VERY impressive setup.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts