NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't that turbo for the GT supposed to be out october 29th? I heard that they had some problem with the turbo manifold. Is there any word on when/if the turbo is ever going to come out?? Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah do tell, i'd like some info too!

G

·
We should all just stop asking, asking doesnt get us nowhere. I'm sure once its available it will be broadcasted all over the damn place. Then we'll all get sick of hearing about it cos most of it can't afford the damn thing.

But, I'm quite sure its not ready yet, keep putting those pennies in the water jug though, :D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The manifold has been the problem, however, we are about to get a proper manifold, I would bet in the next week or so.

The GT running this setup has been running it for some time and is purported to make 230 whp.

We are looking to replicate the system for the GT, and make the necessary modifications to allow the kit to be used on a Corolla or MR2 Spyder as well.

Price still looks to be in the $3000 or less range, and we're now examing accessories such as boost gauges/pods, turbo timers, use of the S-AFC, and so on.

We're also examining which exhausts will be best suited to the new turbo setup.

I'm told that we can have manifolds popped out a week after we have the original.

That's about it for now. :)

David

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
wow. 230whp in a GT chassis is good enough for 100+ mph trap speeds. the GTS have been hitting 104-106 with NOS which gives 'em like 220ish whp. the GT also weighs a bit less.

mean. :D

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i dont have money yet..but i will....glad to hear the news... any other turbos from other companies?

also.... how do u get icons right underneath ur title?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hopefully by the time the kit is completed, installed by someone, 6 months later, kit is proven to be awesome, I would have the $3000!! YES!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Its almost like waiting for Cristmas.
You can't wait for it to happen until you relise the cost. lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey david.. thats great to hear.. did you actually dyno a GT at 230? and is the GT running with stock internals?! cause that would make me increadibly happy. Also, (looking into the future..) is there a way for me to have the turbo installed at your store/shop/whatever? I only live a few hours away and I'd feel much happier if the people who developed it installed and tuned it for me. If that would be possible do you have any idea how much you would charge? Thanks a lot (been waiting for a turbo... i've got the money sitting in my checking account!)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dave

Is there any way you could pop round and fit it to mine, I only live about 15000 miles away ;)

Please finish soon so I can have one for christmas.

Also, not too worried about the gauges and stuff as I am making my own digital gauges anyway so don't need the analogue/mechanical stuff.

EDIT: I also don't need an exhaust as I have a powerflow guy who will be making me a twin pipe jobby as soon as I have the turbo system.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Damn I need to pay off my CC to make room for boost. "this Is my back" That's all you're going to see when I get this installed. Hopefully a TRD exhaust will work.
BTW David,
If I get the low compression piston kit, new gaskets, Bigger fuel pump/lines/injectors, LSD, TRD Oil Cooler, port/polish, and the Crower Cam kit do you think I will be able to Boost over 300 HP W/O a problem or was that just a dream I had?
Thanks

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
ProToolsKid said:
Damn I need to pay off my CC to make room for boost. "this Is my back" That's all you're going to see when I get this installed. Hopefully a TRD exhaust will work.
BTW David,
If I get the low compression piston kit, new gaskets, Bigger fuel pump/lines/injectors, LSD, TRD Oil Cooler, port/polish, and the Crower Cam kit do you think I will be able to Boost over 300 HP W/O a problem or was that just a dream I had?
Thanks
well we all have to wait and see!!!!!! sounds good but little scary in reality!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.