NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would piecing together a turbo kit be a more cost effective way of getting what i want rather than buying a turbo kit and then eventually upgrading everything? I was thinking about just ordering the Turbo-performance manifold and then buying all the extra parts myself (bov, front mount, wastegate injectors blah blah) what do u guys think and do u think it would be cost effective or should i just get the turbo kit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd just wait for the XS Engineering turbo to be released. You'll spend too much time and hassel with all the obstacles you'd have to go through to custom-turbo a GT-S. If you want more information, try searching for posts from Jersey Jay, coolmike, and Keyshawn.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The big expense I believe would be the custom manifold that would have to be built....

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The XS kit will be the most reliable kit for the GT-S. It cost more on the basis of the time they have spent tuning eveything. Also that they are utilizing an Apex-i PwerFC.

It won't be cost effective for you to piece everything together yourself. Because without the tuning, you will end up spending more in the long run for fixes(engine, fuel managemnet, etc) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
kireisceli said:
The XS kit will be the most reliable kit for the GT-S. It cost more on the basis of the time they have spent tuning eveything. Also that they are utilizing an Apex-i PwerFC.

It won't be cost effective for you to piece everything together yourself. Because without the tuning, you will end up spending more in the long run for fixes(engine, fuel managemnet, etc) :)
:werd: I don't think the release date is too far off, neither. Probly somewhere around 3 months left and counting...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first, its a gt not a gts second couldnt i just order the turbo-performance(yea i know) turbo manifold or just order the manifold from draper and do everything else myself? cuzz i know everything that i need to buy and i dont really care about it running perfect cuzz i dont plan on boosting more than 6 psi till after nopi (which is the real reason why i want the turbo kit) not much of a racer just wanna be able to say "yea i have a yellow celica with a veilside body kit and turbo charged" know what i mean? But the ability to beat the s*** out of a couple of camaros and mustangs would be a nice bonus:evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts