NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just installed a turbo in my celica gt. Everything was hooked up and ECU maps programmed. It seemed to run fine and it idled smoothly when we were testing it in neutral gear in the garage. Then, we took it on its first test drive. We noticed that the car wouldn

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Sounds like you're running lean, very lean.
You are able to give throttle while testing in neutral gear, because it doesn't engage boost.

As soon as you drive, it will engage boost and most likely it starts to spool at 3000rpm. Meaning, you will probally blow your engine if you don't get it tuned.

What engine management are you using? Also, could you read out your CEL code or us?

Bing

· Registered
2,841 Posts
hmmm this happened to me before, and it wasnt a fuel issue, it had something to do with my wiring with the ecu. I had something connected to one of the ecu wires that shouldnt have been. I would suggest checking the ecu connections.

· Registered
56 Posts
in ecu talk...a flashing check engine light means....no dtc....or what im putting my money on is a misfire, a condition in which will harm the 3way catalyst...and what you are explaining is almost like what us spec guys have at 2500ish rpms...is limp mode....but ide put my money on a fuel issue...incorrectly wired injectors, fuel regulator or pump. ..but i had an issue with a rich condition and as soon as i went wot to hit boost...its almost like the car would stop accellerating and hit a brick wall. and the engine would rev up...

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Oh ok... I didn't read the blinking part.
I had the same problem and turned out to be that the cable bridge of the injector wasn't connected properly. Causing multiple misfire CEL codes and the car to drive like it was hitting the rev limiter.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Originally posted by Bing
Oh ok... I didn't read the blinking part.
I had the same problem and turned out to be that the cable bridge of the injector wasn't connected properly. Causing multiple misfire CEL codes and the car to drive like it was hitting the rev limiter.
I have this same problem. What's the cable bridge look like?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.