NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my stock clutch isn't liking the blower very much, and slips half of the time when I hit boost. Please post what clutch you think, or better yet...KNOW will be up to the task. I just want one that can handle the power, will last pretty long, and not break the bank.

If you happen to know what kind of power it can handle and how much that is a plus! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I did search it....but then I looked at southbend clutches as was recommended and they were really expensive from their site...and there were some unanswered discrepancies between models from the same manufacturer.

Anyone ever had an exedy stage 1? Someone thought they had a stage 1 but it was the OEM replacement. I can get the Exedy Stage 1 with fidanza flywheel for $575.

·
Registered
611 Posts
get a rps disc or any disc do not get a puck that si what breaks trannys from the harsh engagments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rio Trix said:
milesplume said:
get a rps disc or any disc do not get a puck that si what breaks trannys from the harsh engagments
Act street /or Act heavy duty..I have the latter..Im 300 at the wheels
Does your calf muscle in your left leg look like it is on steroids? I don't want to get a cramp from pushing the clutch in.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
sbocaj55 said:
Does your calf muscle in your left leg look like it is on steroids? I don't want to get a cramp from pushing the clutch in.
I have an RPS Max Street Disc clutch with my s/c and I like it a lot. It is much more fade resistant than stock, and holds my power level fine. It is easy enough for daily commuting but grippy enough for decent launches. :thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
wawawaGTS said:
how can yu tell that yur clutch is slipping?
i have a s/c and i noticed many differences but i cant tell which is bad..
you can tell its slipping when your rpm is climbing fast but your car is not moving as fast as its suppose to. i'm sure theres many other ways,but this is what i experienced with my car

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's fine driving around out of boost...but if I push the throttle past 40% or whatever it is that the actuator is set at...my rpms just take off and my car does not....unless I'm already at 4500-5000 rpm which it grabs up there

A test you can do to tell is if you get up to like 35-40 mph and stick ur car in 6th gear (or 5th if you're a GT I guess) and floor it. If your rpms hiccup...it's startin to go.

·
Registered
709 Posts
mukalicious said:
still breaking in my spec stage 2. 500miles into it.
Good choice :)
Had it for about 2 years now and I love it

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pnoy said:
I have RPS max street for a year now without any issues. I'm running boost between 5-8 psi.
What is the pedal feel like on that? I heard pretty stiff :(

Immo said:
mukalicious said:
still breaking in my spec stage 2. 500miles into it.
Good choice :)
Had it for about 2 years now and I love it
I'm considering this one cuz it's the cheapest...and well...I'm cheap. So...you LOVE it? How much did you pay? I've seen em for ~$320

·
Registered
352 Posts
a good Clutch is something you might want to spend the $$$ on if not you will just buy one that won't really give you want you want.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts