NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying a turbo kit and I have stock internals Im gonna only be running 6-7 psi. I dont think this will kill my engine will it? I know most cars can hold like 9-10 stock and Celicas are built pretty well Especially the GTS what I have. Im gonna get interals around the time of Christmas . Think I will be fine?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I suggest to wait till christmas with the turbo and do everything all at once. Taking apart engine is a bitch and you'll get charged big bucks for it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im gonna be putting in the pistons, Crack,cam all that stuff. I just dont have the money for that right now

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What kind of turbo set up are you planning on running, cause if its not custom you prob wont be seeing the turbo kit till after Xmass...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbo performance

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
FrostsCelicaGTS said:
turbo performance
6-7 psi is fine on stock internals as long as your tuning is good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Turbo

I am running with 10,5 psi on stock engine.
I lowered compression by taking a little of pistons.
Ortherwise everthing else is stock.I have been running with it for 1,5 year now.
Finn.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I woud advise to play it safe and run on 6-7psi until you can't afford a proper engine. Make sure your tuning is right.

Taking off some from the piston is an option, but forged pistons don't cost that much anymore, i woud do it the right way, and don't risk a blown engine, and lot more money for a full rebuild.

BTW i can ship GT kit in november, and new GTS kit orders in December once i got the first batch shipped.
:naughty:

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
He has a GT-S...i suggest doing some more research on turbo performance before you buy their kit...Right now Stafford Fabrications www.staffordfabrications.com is the only one making GT-S kits...if you want to run 6-7-8 psi then your stock internals will do just fine....however anything over 10 is hazardous, i broke 2 pistons at 11psi with no detonation, so i think thats about all they can handle...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Smaay you are right, i just edited my post, and like to let you, and everyone know that we are started production of the GTS kits, those will have the Garrett GT28RS turbo, Sard racing bov (made in japan), apexi filter (made in japan), samco hoses (the best there is),greddy emanage, and the usuall high quality stainless piping.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Good to hear.. i like hearing that there are more turbo kits out there...good luck on sales

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Originally posted by cool2miketlu
Turbo Performance do not have fuel management...
All I can say is.... Good luck FrostsCelicaGTS, you are going to need it.
or you can buy the emanage and bigger injectors like i did, works fine. But for that much more i would go with c2gas or SF's kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts