NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anybody here know of any kits for a GT Celica

They make a bunch of crap for the GT-S but they tell me that they won't bolt up so what are all you GT drivers using for forced induction besides the TRD SC?

Let me know
Johann

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
:eatpop: :hide:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Foamylordnmasta said:
Hey, anybody here know of any kits for a GT Celica

They make a bunch of crap for the GT-S but they tell me that they won't bolt up so what are all you GT drivers using for forced induction besides the TRD SC?

Let me know
Johann
If you are not smart enough to discover this information through the use of the search function you have no business driving a turbocharged vehicle.

That being said there are 2 kits out there for GTs (well technically theres 3 but you would do best to steer clear of the DA Sports one IMO)

Of the 2 I reccomend the Stafford Fabrication kit. There are quite a few cars running it that make great power, and I have installed and tuned a number of the SF kits and I have been very happy with them.

Some folks have already mentioned that C2 Gas also makes a kit. I will not talk about it one way or the other because i have not worked with one personally yet. The folks that have it installed speak highly of it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have a C2Power kit and I love it!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
i have a C2POWER kit and im scared of it....lol;)

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Originally posted by soceur
i have a C2POWER kit and im scared of it....lol;)
^^^Wuss :) just kidding, i thought you SF guys were read Bad A$$es...guess you need an EOD guy to protect you....

·
Registered
573 Posts
C2Power and still very happy with it. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do not waste your money on a turbo kit. It will take ten years to receive the kit after you spend way too much money that could have been used as a down payment on a better car.

·
Registered
709 Posts
ahum, c2power has the kits in stock.. another car won't look as great as the celica ;)

Sounds to me like you're..... uhm, what's the word... jealous??

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Yossarian said:
Do not waste your money on a turbo kit. It will take ten years to receive the kit after you spend way too much money that could have been used as a down payment on a better car.
This from a man who lists synthetic blend oil as an engine mod...

Let me guess - you car is an AUTO GT isn't it?

I think I know why you're bitter...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Turbo's cost alot of money and take a long time to receive delivery due to the fact that there are lots of peeps in line for one. In my opinion, i would save the 4000 some odd dollars it will cost and buy a better car. For example you could finance a brand new wrx for less than 20k for that much money. You won't have to worry about any installation errors with the turbo and you can have your car the same day you make the purchase...lol

I'm just trying to warn people about parting with alot of cash thinking they are going to get the turbo kit from off a store shelf somewhere and that the install is going to be perfect and there won't be any trouble with it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If i was going to buy one i would probably pick the c2gas kit because that group is advertising that they can deliver all the parts in a short time. I am just a bit worried about dealing with a company in hungary, not that those guys arent genuine, but we are talking lots of money for a kit advertised in a web forum. If you do not have any suspicion abotu something like that then go for it and spend the cash. If c2gas was based in the states i'd be all over it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
This from a man who lists synthetic blend oil as an engine mod...

Let me guess - you car is an AUTO GT isn't it?

I think I know why you're bitter...
\

I drive an auto gt and have really considered buying a turbo kit but after over a year of research my response is that its probably not a good deal.

Truthgully i am bitter about it being an auto because the dealership said that they could install the TRD supercharger for the 1.8l engine in my car if i ever wanted to bring it back and have the work done. I was outright misled and should have sued those bastages a long time ago.

I am also bitter because having researched the turbo kits i have noticed a majority of companies that have long waiting periods for the parts.

Really the c2gas is the last one but like i said above, if they were based in the states i would be more willing to make the deal.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yossarian said:

like i said above, if they were based in the states i would be more willing to make the deal.
Yes man you are right. Thats our dissadvantage. I can understand it. However I think if someone lives in NY and buys a kit from CAL would face the same problem.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts