NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it would be madd exspensive, but lets jus say I had the funds, would it be possiable to use the xs turbo kit while also using the blitz supercharger? I know that superchargers run of belts while turbos off of exhaust, so I don't see why this setup shouldn't work. What do you think this would be like in a celica? Would it be worth it? Just another idea.... Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
It may or maynot be possible, but one thing is for sure... you would totally destroy the engine. With say 7 psi on the turbo and 5 psi on the s/c (a total with atmosphere of 26 psi!!) you'd be pushing the internals way too hard.

Interesting idea... but not quite feasable.

·
Registered
445 Posts
its technicaly possible to twin charge any car.the celicas engine bay is already cramped a gts would require a massive engine buildup and tranny swap to take that abuse.there just much better platforms to perform that sorta madness on than a celica.its just not worth that kind of money.blitz chager 6000 turbo 3500 standalone ecm plus tuning 2000.plus build up and tranny=over 15,000 dollars

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've seen it done on a mr2 before so I was just wondering. If I get some pistons and rods and sleeve the block then the engine should be able to withold..right? I have nowhere near the funds to do anything like this I just thought id see what you guys think...and girls.

·
Registered
857 Posts
First of all its not worth it...Second, How many people here would do such a thing...not many...so by looking at the the consensus u can answer ur question. Yes it is possible...anything is possible in a mechanical world...U can put missle launchers on the celica...u could even tranform the engine into a hybrid electric...Show the right people some green and theyll hook u up...Jesse James can turn a PT Cruiser into a tree chopper, Maybe we should all donate a dollar to Larry D and he can turn a Celica into a SUPERCAR!!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
yeah but you'll need way more mods than you just mentioned top and bottom end and fuel system engine management tranny...why am I even wasting my time typing this

·
Registered
236 Posts
Possible: yes
Practical: no
Stupid: yes

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i saw in Turbo Magazin where they swapped the Solara 1mzfe into a MR2 chasis and then twin charged it, was putting out like 300hp and 300tq under low boost untuned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts