NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lately I've been lugging lots of crap around and this has ticked me off. Why is there no trunk release button in our cars. Virtually every car out there has one, but why not the Celica. The problem comes in where you've reached your destination and you lock the doors with the power locks...of course this locks the trunk too.

So basically you have to go to the trunk, get your **** and then lock the doors. if there was a release you could hit that before locking the doors.

Oh yeah while I'm ranting, how come no remote release like on most cars...you know where you can open the doors with a little remote???

·
Registered
157 Posts
I dont know but you can buy some keyless entry from autotoys.com for $37.50. It locks and unlocks all the stuff at the same time.
-Dan V.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've never seen a hatchback with a trunk release. I'm assuming it's a safety thing. Imagine driving down the highway and accidently pulling the hatch open.. fun stuff!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
REdOX: I have it's not a safety issue. The hatch really won't open when the car is moving. The Aerodynamics kind of hold it down [/B][/QUOTE]

:D not if you drive an auto GT

u wont be going fast enough.

ever.

:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you know the stupid surveys that toyota sends you? Apparently the people that actually fill those things out (mostly stupid women) listed that it was a major annoyance to pop the trunk and the fuel door at the same time being that both levers are so close together. Well toyota listened and changed it. I think it has to do mostly with demographics. Most of the celicas sold are auto gt's anyway. While I have never had that problem and was very annoyed when I first got my car. I have now found that I like being able to open the trunk hatch from the back without having to either open the drivers door first or have my keys in my hand. Of course I do have an alarm.

·
Registered
238 Posts
my eclipse has a "hatch" release and its a 3dr hatchback. Its kinda weird though cause it doesn't always lift the trunk all the way and a I have use my keys anyway. If the hatch opened as I was driving down the highway nothing would happen...Its called downforce from the big spoiler hehe lol downforce. Maybe I should get an aluminum wing for a safety incase I open the hatch while driving. lol more downforce?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Ther would have to be some incredible spring in the hatch to get it up high enough for the shocks to keep it traveling up to open all the way.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sausage25ca said:
Lately I've been lugging lots of crap around and this has ticked me off. Why is there no trunk release button in our cars. Virtually every car out there has one, but why not the Celica. The problem comes in where you've reached your destination and you lock the doors with the power locks...of course this locks the trunk too.

So basically you have to go to the trunk, get your **** and then lock the doors. if there was a release you could hit that before locking the doors.

Oh yeah while I'm ranting, how come no remote release like on most cars...you know where you can open the doors with a little remote???

how about this: don't be a lazy ass.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I thought you can unlock and lock the hatch with your key, without affecting the doors?

At least you do not own the latest Civic. I just saw on TV today, that the only way to open the trunk is from the inside. No rear hatch handle, or keyhole.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
FriedRice said:
REdOX: I have it's not a safety issue. The hatch really won't open when the car is moving. The Aerodynamics kind of hold it down
:D not if you drive an auto GT

u wont be going fast enough.

ever.

:D [/B][/QUOTE]

hey.......i've gone up to 75 before! :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
we don't have trunk release because we don't have a trunk, we have a hatch u idiot :fawk:
i seriously doubt even if u install a trunk release the hydrolics will have enough push to spring it open, plus, who the h3ll makes trunk release for a hatch anyways

1 - 20 of 25 Posts