NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I bought a console a long time ago and due to the florida heat the paint has become an albatross on my center console. Asicd from buying ang enitirely new set for cosmetic reasons..

Can i strip all the spray paint off this thing and have to looking good as new? Especially around the HVAC where id like the light to shine through again.

Thanks all ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I strongly support removing paint from console plastics! Git-er-done!

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
Hello all,

I bought a console a long time ago and due to the florida heat the paint has become an albatross on my center console. Asicd from buying ang enitirely new set for cosmetic reasons..

Can i strip all the spray paint off this thing and have to looking good as new? Especially around the HVAC where id like the light to shine through again.

Thanks all ;)

This is off topic but you should join the newcelica Florida chapter. We host meets quite often if you ever want to come out

FB group -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/441832735936602/

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actualy am a member, i used to go back in the day. Tryig to get my car back in one piece :-D Ill be be sure to keep up with you guys though!

If i do not have a pressure washer what chemical can i use that will not eat or compromise the plastics?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. Used oven cleaner and was able to get ALL the paint off the top section that i bought from someone here. Guess there painting wasnt near as good as my lowers because NONE of mine came off lol, after 5 hours of trying.

For anyone trying this know the stock look is not the plastic itd actually a finish so by stripping you will loose the OEM finish entirely. This would be good if you are repainting. Which im not. Looks like i have a ready for paint stripped celica console if anyone is interested lol

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
Update. Used oven cleaner and was able to get ALL the paint off the top section that i bought from someone here. Guess there painting wasnt near as good as my lowers because NONE of mine came off lol, after 5 hours of trying.

For anyone trying this know the stock look is not the plastic itd actually a finish so by stripping you will loose the OEM finish entirely. This would be good if you are repainting. Which im not. Looks like i have a ready for paint stripped celica console if anyone is interested lol

When ur finished ship me the plastics. Ill wrap them xD

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.