NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wondering if anyone on this site have underbody neons on cars if so . any pics for us to see? i was just thinking about buying them, but want to see them first. thanks:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah, i have them. they look really good. go to theneonedge.com, they have the kit with the remote, very nice. be sure to get the kit with the highest light output if you do decide to get one.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
PLEASE DON'T!!! the ONLY reason to put neons are...... wait, there isn't a reason. well, i guess if your car is at a show and you want to draw attention to it, that would be a viable reason. if the neons are on at any other time than in a show, ugh, gross. it's just so dumb to me. celicas are good looking enough that people stare at them without neons, don't put neons on and make a specticle of yourself along with inviting "ricer" comments, because they will come. if you do, be prepared for them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats the brightest kit?...sorry im new to these neons....oh and whats the average price for a good set?....woo

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Nope...10,000 volt transfomer is the brightest. Beats the crap out of Streetglow. Made by a company called Plasmaglow and you can get them for an awesome price at www.oznium.com. Get the Plasmaglow Platinum kit. It has the full lifetime warranty just like Streetglow's Gold Kit.

By the way, I own the Plasmaglow Platinum kit myself, so I'm not just speaking out of my ass. It's from experience and side by side comparison with Streetglow Gold kits.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Underbody neons...oh man. Just save yourself the trouble and get a "Gay Rights" bumper sticker... ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
aerospike2002 said:

That's low....I happen to like my neons. I think they are "tastefully" done...
Haha...I'm just messing with you guys. I DON'T really like them, but...as they always say...to each his own.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kool thanks for the awesome neon pics j...i seem to like blue but will probaly end up getting the turquoise color:)

·
Registered
822 Posts
hey let's not forget that they are illegal in lots of places and even in place they are legal you still most likely get the wonderful $400 tickets. And there are brightness restrictions that Streetglow is following so I'm not to sure that anything brighter is still kosher.

I ended up just getting mine under my dash so that I can enjoy it and the cops leave me alone (unless it's a motorcyle prick of course).

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
That good old VA inspector again.. they are so picky..
Anyways... if they are installed right they look really nice... but don't just drive around with them on..
I'll be installed LED undercar kit very soon.... and will work on interior LED lighting kit also.... :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
because they're pricks. Officially they claim it's driver distraction. I say then ferrari's should be illegal as well because I sure as hell look twice when one passes me :)

Red lights are definetely illegal because it might be mistaken to be an emergency vehicle...that part I agree with...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts