NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to be pulled over all the time for driving stupid that was over 2 years ago i have finally smartened up and havent been doing anything since then except lights and radio got pulled over last summer for loud radio and got a warning.. Well within this last month i got pulled over on morning for fog lights being on when it wasnt foggy or dark and aftermarket lighting... 100$ ticket.... all my lights are angled down i have all hid lighting but there not bright... last night pitch black no lights midnight. got a ticket for unecesary use of lights and aftermarket lighting.. use to get pulled over for being stupid.. now i get pulled over for stupid stuff

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Damn man! Sorry to hear that!

What state is this?

·
Registered
801 Posts
a friend of mine actually got a ticket for having fogs on in mass too not long ago. but also, in your sig, you have 2 sets of fogs. its illegal to drive with more than 2 sets of any lights on.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
hey OP! your set up are pretty sick!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I use to be pulled over all the time for driving stupid that was over 2 years ago i have finally smartened up and havent been doing anything since then except lights and radio got pulled over last summer for loud radio and got a warning.. Well within this last month i got pulled over on morning for fog lights being on when it wasnt foggy or dark and aftermarket lighting... 100$ ticket.... all my lights are angled down i have all hid lighting but there not bright... last night pitch black no lights midnight. got a ticket for unecesary use of lights and aftermarket lighting.. use to get pulled over for being stupid.. now i get pulled over for stupid stuff
I get pulled over for trivial stuff as well. No front license plate, window tint, ect.

·
fools runnin a Honda 2000
3,854 Posts
OP, i love the yellow fogs. can you tell me where to buy? if its causing you trouble, sell me your set if you want.:thumbup:

·
Registered
278 Posts
damn, i use to drive around with my fogs on all the time.. :ugh:

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Well within this last month i got pulled over on morning for fog lights being on when it wasnt foggy
I get pulled over for trivial stuff as well. No front license plate, window tint, ect.
Best way to avoid being pulled over is to not break the law, even if you think they are "stupid" or "trivial" laws.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Best way to avoid being pulled over is to not break the law, even if you think they are "stupid" or "trivial" laws.
Obviously.

However, i'd be remiss if i didn't stand beside my belief that it isn't wrong and i continue to keep my tint [ect] as a flagpole i stabbed into the Earth to display my menial attempt to advocate for myself.

·
Registered
224 Posts
po po hate you

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
+1

And driving with fog lights for no reason is just stupid. Especially hid. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Stupid state law they make up to take your money. "Unnecessary use of lights?" Lmao. Come on now guys. Hopefully, I don't get questioned for having 2 flash lights on me instead of 1 at night time.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
Stupid state law they make up to take your money. "Unnecessary use of lights?" Lmao. Come on now guys. Hopefully, I don't get questioned for having 2 flash lights on me instead of 1 at night time.
:facepalm:

It has nothing to do with stupid laws. The lights are not called fog lights for nothing, if there's no fog don't use them, it is unnecessary and can be distracting to other drivers.

It can be just as annoying as people buying imitation HID because they want to run cool blue lights and drive around with highbeams on when they realize they can't see anything.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
^ Might be so, but fog lights still helps you see better to what's close in front of your car where your normal beams wouldn't be able to reach. Helped me a few times w/ going over a road covered in pot holes where I have to take it easy or end up hurting my car. Luckily, there wasn't a cop being a dick there to say "Unnecessary use of headlights." Yes, I still think the law is stupid for having a law like that. Even though I over read him driving w/ them on for no reason. I don't think it's worthy of a 100$ ticket.

True, they could be distracting, so can real HID's, or a nice looking car. I think it's just another condition that should be expected while you're on the road. And how exactly can a blinding high beam light be as distracting as having your fog lights on, or even having 2 pair of fog lights running? I think I would rather have a person behind me who is running his fog lights than his high beams. I'm sure 99% people would agree w/ this statement.

As for the high beams statement, people here don't need high beams, they're head lights are aimed so high, even in my dad's new Silverado, they're blaring in my eyes through the mirrors STILL. I thought it was only in my car since it's so low. This, how ever, is worthy of a ticket.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i for got to mentoin on ticket was on a copuntry back road at midnight no other cars on the road just the cop.... and one was in the middle of the afternoon... not like i was city driving with all my lights on

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The United States is in the ****ter. Why did they give you these bs tickets because they know youll just pay them and wont fight them. All the states have been having money issues why not up the tickets to help out the problem. Its not protect and serve anymore its to write tickets and make money. END OF STORY

1 - 20 of 28 Posts