NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. It's been a couple of weeks since I made the final torque brace and everything is running great. So I'm ordering the parts to start making these.

1. The brace will be dampened. (No vibrations)
2. It will be rear mount (mounting bracket attaches to the shock tower at the base of the tower in stock points in tower)
3. These will work great with the stiffer engine mount that skreemin_trdgts is making as it mounts on the other side of the engine.
4. I'll be making these in groups of 5 at first to make sure people want them and make sure I don't have a bunch left over each time.
5. I'll start taking orders this Friday 3/14/2003. I'll post in the FS forum when these are ready for sale. I'll have directions for install and all parts for the install will be included. There is no drilling involved and install takes about 15-20 min.

Let me know if there are any questions.

M-

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They will be $50 each+shipping.

They have an OEM look to them. Basic black and aluminum. I'll post picts of them when I post them up for sale. The bracket will be painted flat black to match the rest of the cars engine bay brackets and the brace will be made of aluminum, unpainted again to match the OEM look of the car.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
bug killa-These mount to the Passenger side engine mount (there is only one) and attach to the rear of the engine bay, on the shock tower. That is what was ment by rear mount.

GT-S Celica-engine torque braces act like stiffer engine mounts. They reduce twist in the engine.
You can also use them with stiffer engine mounts to help reduce the twist even more. Basically it helps keep the motor still so you don't loose the initial torque and power you usually do when the engine twists. It also makes shifting smoother.

PhatCellyGT-these will fit both GT and GTS the mounting points are identical.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i'm in... post here when FS thread goes up as a reminder... don;t wanna miss out... thanks for your engineering efforts!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, I'm getting the parts tonight so everything is looking like it's a go for Friday. I'll post late Friday in th FS forum with all of the final info.

Later M-

1 - 20 of 23 Posts