NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now the car is doing about 234hp at 6000rpm, but then we having problems. Then they found oil on the cylinder 2 spark plug, so i am getting a quote on what it is going to take to replace the piston rings. The compression test on the cylinders were as follows:

Does that seem correct?

It sounds like it is hitting the rev limiter at about 6-7k rpm, but since the AEM FIC doesn't let you change the rev limit. It would be the spark plugs blowing out that would give the same results?

I know on MWR they have two different size rings. 70mm and 70.5mm, which should be correct for the 2zz?

Let me know what you think guys.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Ouch - Thats mighty low on 2 and 3 - does it come up significantly with a wet test?

the 70.5s are for oversize pistons

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did compression test myself

so here are the results of the compression test i did my self.
As you stand in front of car

1st Test: 190 185 205 150
2nd Test: 195 190 205 150

Add Oil: 220 210 240 170
2nd Test: 220 210 240 170

So what do you guys think, what should be the margins after adding oil? Would it be worth it to go ahead and do a leak down test also to try and narrow down the problem?

The cylinder that had oil around the spark plug was the one at 185 the first time. What other cause do you think would cause oil down around the spark plug on the outside, all the spark plugs looked perfect by the way.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i am curious what all parts do you think i should start getting. Rings, valves, valve springs, bearings, etc. Since i will have to have the engine tore apart anyway i want to be ready.

Not sure yet if i will be able to get pistons, but i think i will?

What compression should i go with since i am now boosted? Also, what boost will I go up to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.