NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well!!!!!!!.......i'll be damn if they rescheduled me for a later date,since i pleaded not guilty...........well,the judge called me up to his bench and said "Have you taken off your exhaust?" and i said" nooooo" and he said "are you planning on taking it off?" and i said "noooooo",then he said "take your car down to the state police and have them look at it,and come back at the later date scheduled for you".......um,hello i stayed up untill 2:00am last night writing my speech and all and gathering my info together to take down that cop,and i never had the chance!!!!!!.........well,went down to the state police and had a cop look at it and he said "yes it is illegal,cause the law states that it has to be standard factory or comparable too".......he thinks it's pretty stupid and thinks someone needs to take it all the way to the big dogs in D.C and change the law......BUT,he said i need and go talk to this guy at the toyota dealership (i did go but he was out of town) and talk to him,and see if toyota makes any exhaust that is simular to my exhaust (i hope to god TRD makes one like mine) AND if they do (and he said something about specifications,i have no i dea what he was talking about) then i WILL have it dropped because then i can say there is an exhaust comparable to a toyota exhaust.......i could just pay the damn fine and forget this whole mess,but,i'll wait and see and talk to the guy at the dealership,if i can't find any simular to mine then i'll just pay the freaking fine.....next court date is May 16th,if i go........so lark,go to the dealership see what you can find out if you decide to fight it

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
wtf were they talking about? did they show you the law? the judge made you go to state police? heh?!? did you show the judge your paperwork, did you ask the state police officer whether legality depends on decibel level.. they can not say like manufacturer.. lol.. wtf does that mean? any exhaust that runs from the cat is like manufacturer.. it has piping, it has resonator, muffler.. what else do they need? a trd sticker?

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
:werd:

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Comparable? It runs the same length, it has a muffler, it silences the exhaust. It's comparable. And Toyota does make an exhaust similar to your's. It's called the TRD exhaust. Ghey! :thumbdown

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
This is very ghey. There's no way this can hold up in court. You aren't restricted to buying only Toyota parts, so you bought an exhaust comparable to the TRD exhaust. There's a thread on this site that shows the statistics (decibels, weight, hp gains). Take that with you too to support your claim of comparability. Of course I still think you're going to get off on the "blond with big boobs defense".

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
comparible means same decible. Find out what the toyota decible is, hopefully its close to the same as yours. If it is, then you should be golden.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the impression that i get is that....if toyota makes a factory exhaust like the one i have on my car,then they have to drop it,because it's compared to a factory exhaust..simple as that....now i need to get down to the dealership and talk to the guy i was refered to

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Bah... If that's true then getting a muffler from midas would be illegal too. It's b/s you exhaust is comparable. It's street legal and you have proof. Don't let them **** you around.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Tell them to define comparable.......

I mean an apple and an orange are "comparable" because you can put them side to side and "compare" them and they are both fruits.....so your exhaust and the OEM exhausts are both comparable......

Do you guys know, if SEMA has addressed this problem in a national level?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts