NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone was telling me that I should upgrade my stock exhaust first and then tune my emanage, because if i upgrade the exhaust afterwards my car is going to run lean and i would have to get it re-tuned.

Is this true? Is it a big difference?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It's true. Bigger exhaust allows your car to breathe better and thereful have more airflow. If you would tune your car with stock exhaust and buy an aftermarket exhaust after the tuning.... you will be running lean most likely.

Just try to set a list of mods that you have in mind and get it tuned afterwards. Unless you're planning to drive with it a long time. Untuned driving is dangerous :O

Bing

·
Registered
822 Posts
yep, my car ran fine until I put the straight pipe on and then I got lean codes and had to retune

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Was it the same diameter as stock or bigger? It proballt doesn't really do alot when it's the same diameter.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by Bing
Was it the same diameter as stock or bigger? It proballt doesn't really do alot when it's the same diameter.
Same diameter...but I eliminated 4 feet of 2.25" piping and a magnaflow exhaust :chuckles: Basically the exhaust tip came straight off the downpipe.
http://spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14041

I had no backpressure, even with my itty bitty turbo. It stalled constantly when I would come to a stop. But I enjoyed the sound a bit :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts