NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont want a BBK i just want to do a step above OEM with brembo rotors and project mu pads. so my question is...is it okay to upgrade the front brakes and not the rear?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hadn't really thought about this. The Galfer tuning kit I ordered just comes with front discs and pads so I figured you wouldn't need to do anything to the rear.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok..i just needed to know if it was common for people to upgrade the front and rear at the same time or not

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
basically my dilemma is i got possibly 800 to drop on...
a)CF hatch
B)brakes
c)flywheel and clutch

once i can get a good estimate on what i need for brakes component wise i can make a desicion on what to get..its possible i can get 2 of the 3 but im just gonna look at it as just getting one of the choices

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Seriously guys.

Go get some cheap Napa or Autozone rotors. Get Hawk HS or Porterfield PS (or something) pads get SS lines and some Motul or Blue brake fluid. Your car will stop better then most cars with huge brembos.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
MicaCeli said:
Seriously guys.

Go get some cheap Napa or Autozone rotors. Get Hawk HS or Porterfield PS (or something) pads get SS lines and some Motul or Blue brake fluid. Your car will stop better then most cars with huge brembos.
It's so nice to know I'm not alone in this world :)

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
autxr said:
MicaCeli said:
Seriously guys.

It's so nice to know I'm not alone in this world :)
:) The celica stock held the stopping distance record until the Evo came out......thats got to say something.

Plus I was one of the people that bought not so cheap rotors for the celica when I first did pads on it. You learn :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts