NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately my car is having trouble going into second gear over 8000rpm.
are there any upgraded synchros that could withstand this high of reving?
how much would it cost to replace a few?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was fine at what? 36000 when i changed my clutch and changed my tranny fluid.
its weird though around 30000-36000 before i changed my clutch and tranny fluid it would grind really bad.
i changed to redline MT-90 and it stopped for 17000 miles.
you guys think i should change my tranny fluid again if it keeps doing this?
when i changed it the tranny felt really good and smooth but its starting to get notchy again.
id rather spend 30 bucks than a grand.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wasn't monkeywrench doing something to address the synchro problems with the 6speed transmission? I believe I remember a thread started a couple months back about him working with a reputable transmission company to address any problems with the 6speed transmission. He was asking all users how many miles they had on their tranny and what problems they have encountered. Hold on, Ill just see if I can find the thread...
Here's the link for you guys
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59373&highlight=Transmission

·
Registered
213 Posts
just try to sink the gear... if u know how to sink

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
"sync"

·
Registered
213 Posts
"sync" or sink gears means that u change gears without the pressing the clutch. But u have to do it at the right rpm

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TRD_555 said:
"sync" or sink gears means that u change gears without the pressing the clutch. But u have to do it at the right rpm
hmm i dont think you would land in lift or anywhere close to that doing this.
i dont want to try that at 8000rpm either.
doesn't sound nice.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you're still covered under a new car warranty, Id get it fixed straight away. I had the same problem. When a WOT in 1st gear, changing up to 2nd at 8000rpms or higher, it would grind and not engage 2nd gear properly.

·
Registered
990 Posts
i cant shift that high with out a grind either ... but i also cant down shift to second ... with out a grind at n e thing over 30 miles an hr .. :( .. and i have 58 200 on my car .. guess this ones comin outa my pocket

1 - 19 of 19 Posts