NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (crank and alternator) the same for the 7th gen GT and GTS? or are there some that only fit GT and not GTS?

Shane

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
They can be dangerous. I know that Johnny GTS used to sell an improved, more reliable version. Does he still?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
They can be dangerous. I know that Johnny GTS used to sell an improved, more reliable version. Does he still?
Yes he does!!! The proof is under my hood since last week-end!! :) They are cheaper than unorthodox also ..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of danger will people run in to with UR pulleys?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
there was a huge thread on this like a week ago - just do a quick search.

·
Registered
435 Posts
danGTS said:
Yes he does!!! The proof is under my hood since last week-end!! :) They are cheaper than unorthodox also ..
Awesome. What's the price? Where to buy?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Read the previous threads about crank pullies first before you think about buying one.
Oh I have. I thought that by "improved" he meant balanced. If it's not harmonically dampred im not going to buy one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
KNanthrup said:
Oh I have. I thought that by "improved" he meant balanced. If it's not harmonically dampred im not going to buy one.
They are balanced, but they aren't harmonically dampened. It's two different things.

·
Registered
244 Posts
KNanthrup said:
They are balanced, but they aren't harmonically dampened. It's two different things.

BTW, I notice you own a GT. All of the problems reported were on GT-S models, if I'm not mistaken. So, statistically, you'd be 100% safe with the UR pulley...

-edit- :chuckles:

·
Registered
435 Posts
johnny gts said:

BTW, I notice you own a GT. All of the problems reported were on GT-S models, if I'm not mistaken. So, statistically, you'd be 100% safe with the UR pulley...
:chuckles: :scared:

·
Registered
40 Posts
my friend has a matrix, and he had the crank pulley, blew his engine. Dealer told him it was the crank pulley caused it. They said it rev so fast/high when he down shifted, not sure tho.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by jorges1778
my friend has a matrix, and he had the crank pulley, blew his engine. Dealer told him it was the crank pulley caused it. They said it rev so fast/high when he down shifted, not sure tho.
does it speed up the rev that much faster? WOW!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
AutoCelica said:
does it speed up the rev that much faster? WOW!
:rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts