NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you use stock endlinks or buy just the endlinks from tein?
my car seems to be making lots of knocking sounds a lot worse then before.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they dont look broken.
its a problem a lot of people have i made a post about it a while ago. it sounds like a knocking sound.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Do it sound like the front end is loose? You can check by lifting up the car and put them on jackstands and then take out the wheel. Pull on the sway bar and see if it makes noise?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
It only need a small gap between the nut holding the endlink to the sway for it to make a noise. It's hard to tell physically if it's worned out or not, if you can't tighten it anymore and it still makes a noise, then it's worned out.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Stock endlinks are TOO long for the teins since the teins relocate the tab lower on the strut housing. The stock endlinks will make the sway bar hit the steering arm or the A arm.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
you are probably getting the knocking from the hotchkis front sway (i think you have one) i have the same problem with my ss, the hole on the sway bar is alot bigger than stock, allowing the endlink to move up and down, i sovled some of the knocking by adding that sealant tape stuff (on the tein endlinks). Stock endlinks are way to big for the teins, if you are using the stock the knocking is probably from the sway hitting the control arm, check out the sway, it will probably have paint stripping + dmg from the knocking. i heard a way to fix this is just put alot of cushon around that area, i have yet to do that.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
stock endlinks or tein endlinks? i dont know if basics come with endlinks? check your sway bar, im 99% sure its coming from there. See if there is contact with the sway bar & control arm, there would be more contact with the hotchkis one than the stock one since the hotchkis is differently shaped, extra noise would also be due to the larger endlink hole on the hotchkis sway

how do you stand the knocking mica? its very annoying.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
have someone jump on the driver side door sill and listen, you will probably hear the knocking fomr the endlink connection to the sway, the hole on the sway is too big for the enlink threads. If you can reach in grab the endlink you will probably feel it knocking, im trying to find a solution to the problem, some type of collar, but nothing yet. The sealant tape isnt doing so well.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
celicajonz said:
yup, i have knocking noise from tein basics too. i also have TRD sways. but the noise is only coming from the right/passenger side.
Yup mine went away for about half a year (reason I ordered the Blue bomber endlinks :chuckcles: ).....I just replaced the clutch again and it started pooping....I'll take a look at it later.....don't feel like it now :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts