NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I finally buy and installed v-manage. I installed it by my self there are some problems... I think i am the only one who installed v-manage :) I hope i am not...

Good News : It can change VVTL-i shift point..

Bad News : I am facing with other problems which i don't know the reasons...

I check the installation 3 times and it seems ok. But when it comes to shift point cars noise increase(intake valves works) but car instantly slows down...
Other problem is car having fuel cut at 7000 rpm instead of 8000 rpm...

Probably I made a mistake and i wonder if anyone faced such problems ?
Jumper settings are also ok...

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I thought we didnt have a harness for vvtli yet?

·
Registered
361 Posts
celica225 said:
Yes, I finally buy and installed v-manage. I installed it by my self there are some problems... I think i am the only one who installed v-manage :) I hope i am not...

I check the installation 3 times and it seems ok. But when it comes to shift point cars noise increase(intake valves works) but car instantly slows down...

Im no expert to the v-manage here but i have a few ideas.

You installation is probably fine, but i think your experiencing the problem of someone that tried a VAFC. It tells the ECU to change over, but when the ECU see's it transitioned before, it throws CEL and wont go back into lift and sets limiter at 7k and blocks lift.

The car gets slower because your VVT is way off. Your making it transition, but your ECU is still telling it to use 0 or negative VVT degrees which at lift transition it needs to go real advanced for max power. So your making your car have less power with lower transition until you adjust your VVT to be advanced.

Does the V-Manage datalog or record the stock VVT settings of the ECU? I thought it was suppose to be able to datalog the VVT. If so, datalog yourself cruising around, as some of us with PFC and Hydra would love to know what the stock ecu really does. And record WOT, see if when lift transitions, if your VVT goes more positive or if it stays going negative as if it is on low profile lobe still.

Hope this helps, and anyone feel free to correct me on where im wrong in this. I dont know the stock ecu's behavior near as well as some of you on here.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
celica225 said:

Hi There - do you mind telling us where you bought it and how much it cost?

Cheers.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
You can see all of the tuning options for the v manage if you download the latest emanage software. It can indeed set lift by load and RPM as well as datalog the stock VVT settings to develop a baseline tune -- HOWEVER, no one here in the states has one yet, so it's hard to say what is wrong with your set-up.

My advice is to verify that SMALL changes will work without getting a CEL and begin tuning by trial and error from there.

There's several threads on tuning VVT -- check them out and proceed slowly and systematically on a dyno.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I called Greddy-East and they said the V-Manage universal won't be out till mid. February?? The only V-Manage out is for the STI and Evo9. The Greddy people said a Celica 1zz/2zz specific V-manage won't be out but a Universal one like the E-manage Ultimate will be out like I said, February.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
xero said:
I called Greddy-East and they said the V-Manage universal won't be out till mid. February?? The only V-Manage out is for the STI and Evo9. The Greddy people said a Celica 1zz/2zz specific V-manage won't be out but a Universal one like the E-manage Ultimate will be out like I said, February.
I guess Greddy US have no idea what Greddy Japan is actually making :rolleyes:

You could try ordering these parts from Greddy wherever:
http://www.trust-power.com/06new/e2006/070401_vmanage_adaptor.html

But you'd need to splice the V-manage into the loom somehow.

From looking at the Evo and STI kits, the V-manage seems to come on a plug & play harness - which Greddy never bothered doing for the Celica anyway - so a universal kit is probably what we need, and what this chap has.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Sooo it works??? I can order a universal one right now and be good to go then?

I have a feeling that I'm missing something here...I'd love to order one and make it work.

Check out the AEM F/IC thread I posted up. It's supposedly's AEM's piggyback ECU solution that allows variable valve timing tuning! AND it's been reported to work on the 03-05 Celica GTS!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys i made a new map for my v-manage.. I bought it from japan. Now it is better, only problem is car limits it self to 7000 rpm. I couldn't find the reason why... but next week i'll tune it to a professional, i hope he will find the reason. I will be post it back to you don't worry... In my opinion don't hurry, i will test it if it works perfectly and it seems like it is gonig to i will post you all information you need.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
celica225 said:
ok guys i made a new map for my v-manage.. I bought it from japan. Now it is better, only problem is car limits it self to 7000 rpm. I couldn't find the reason why... but next week i'll tune it to a professional, i hope he will find the reason. I will be post it back to you don't worry... In my opinion don't hurry, i will test it if it works perfectly and it seems like it is gonig to i will post you all information you need.
Do you have any lift at 7,000 rpm? I'm guessing that your ECU isn't happy with the difference between commanded and sensed cam or OCV position, and so is throwing a CEL, preventing lift and dropping the limiter to 7,000 rpm just like when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
361 Posts
celica225 said:
no man.. Lift works perfectly and i lowered it to 4,500 rpm :) I recommend it to every automatic gt-s owner :)
Lowering to 4500rpm = pointless. You dont get gains from it until at least 5500rpm unless you have mods that give power any lower.

So are you not getting the 7000rpm limit anymore?

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
celica225 said:
7000 rpm limit goes on...
If you have a CEL and the rev limit remains, it isn't working right. The VVTL may be too low, the VVI may be set all wrong -- you can't do this by butt dyno.

Try this:

1. reset ECU (pull EFI fuse or unplug battery)

2. Leave VVTi alone but set lift to come on at a lower than stock RPM but not THAT low (e.g., 5800 RPM instead of 6.2 K).

3. See if it works WITHOUT GETTING A CEL OR THE LOWER REV LIMIT.

4. If you get a CEL, try manually changing the rev limit to 8+ K using the rev limit cut menu on the emanage ultimate to see if you can get around the factory rev cut that way (you'll still get a CEL and probably have less than ideal timing, but it's a start).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
within my v-manage will be tuned :) i'll give you the updates... but it will cost me $300... but i have no other option... coming soon :)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts