NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Got it working :)

i am properly ... the happiest 2zzge driver in the world right now.

I'm gonna be sitting next to the tuner tomorrow... so i'll be sure to get a screen grab of it for you as soon as i get there.

I'll post it up in the next few days... along with any other maps or info you need.
Cool -- thanks!

A nice screenshot of the stock VVT values would be immensely helpful :thumbup:

Glad to hear you have it working! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good news and bad news....

its all still working famously!!!

but our Dyno was throwing speed sensor errors to the top of the dyno graph is toast... but FWIW... it was making roughly 125kw at the wheels... where we could be confident the dyno was reading correctly...

Still gotta get back out there for another set of runs... get the top of the lift cam tuned in properly.

will still try get you those maps... asap...

Wanted to put the call out to anyone with a PFC VVT map... on an NA 2zzge.

just want to see how far that cam can retard before it stops making power...

would be greatly appreciative.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Take a look at the base VVT map on the PFC tuning sticky -- I'm 90% certain that it approximates the OEM map (not 100%, which is why I wanted to see your datalog).

Rescaling it so that small values = less advance and larger values = more advance (opposite of how it works on PFC) we get a graph that looks like this, collapsing across load (i.e., this approximates what it would look like if you move down and to the right of the map, which follows a WOT pull).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
numbers in squares man... i want data... if you've got it?
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean changes in power that follow cam timing alterations over sucessive dyno pulls that can be traced back to specific points on a VVT map? I don't think anyone has datalogs of that. It's going to vary somewhat by set up :shrugs:

You should read over the Toyota VVT document linked in the camcon tuning sticky (and possibly elsewhere). That will give you an idea of how Toyota arrived at their tune, which I'm fairly certain corresponds to the graph I posted. You will be able to confirm that if you can get a good datalog.

In general, more overlap improves flow, but the value of doing that is load and RPM dependent. Moreover, boosted engines will see gains with less advance, as this gives the boost a chance to build cylinder pressure before blowing out the exhaust. The rest has to be determined empirically.

For some suggestions on what changes seem to make N/A power, check out the Power Enterprise site, which has tuning suggestions for the camcon -- you can probably apply that to your tuning of the Vmanage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HI SD....

Mods are...
TRD CAI with ITG Foam Pod
Stock Headers ported at Head 2 Head
Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel bent cat back using Stock resonator
Xforce variable muffler.

Made 118.2 kw with no tune. the tune is making over 125 for certain.. but the way the dyno was acting up... theres easy another 2kw there... so pretty safe sayin 127kw.

there are no printouts at this stage... the dyno graphs were all messed up with a dodgey speed sensor, so need to book it in again for another hour or so of final tuning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dredging this up from the depths... Did anyone else ever try this? Greddy 15901607 is listed as no longer available on nengun and most other import sites, some still list it but unknown if they actually have it.
Anyone tried this with part 15901608? The Subaru exhaust side part instead of intake side?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts