NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a V1...sense i'm on the highway alot i thought it would be a good accessory for the car...

now i have one question before it comes. Where should i mount it? I have a 20% tint strip going accross the front windshield....

should i mount it behind the tint? right below the tint? in the middle of the windshield? i want to eventually hard wire it also so keep that in mind.

also the tint strip goes about 1 or 2 inchs below the mirror....

i read on the V1 site that windshieds effect the units effectiveness, so i just don't know now..

thanks for the help guys

John

·
Registered
261 Posts
is your tint metalized? if it is you may want to consider mounting below the tint, since it may effect the performance. if it is a dyed tint, it probably wouldn't make any difference. just remember that radar detectors need line of sight to work effectively.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya line of sight...lol that sucks when ur in a low car :( wish i drove an escalade ;)

John

·
Registered
304 Posts
i wished there were better places to attach these, esp since were talkin about a v1. ive known 2 people who have had theres stolen :(
2 inches below the mirrror is already real low, but then magnetized tint would also distort things. lesser of two evils

1 - 4 of 4 Posts