NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have searched around and got nothing. i just got a new (used) head for my 2000 Celica gts 2zz ge. now i am doing valve clearance and found out i need 14 out of 16 new shims. the clearance specs i have are .10-.16mm (.0039-.0063in)
for the intake. for the exhaust i have .24-.30mm (.0094-.0118in). correct me if i am wrong please. now my question is is it better to have it more on the loose side (larger gap) or on the tight side (smaller gap)? reason that i have a new head is because my lift bolt broke and didn't know what was going on. i got codes for misfiring and couldn't figure it out. so i kept driving it and one day i raced my friend and at the lift on 3rd gear i lost all power. and backfired a lot. so i drove it home. a week later found out i broke 2 valves. the intake side. so i took the head out and tried getting the rocker shaft out but couldn't. so i got it pressed out and the broken bolt ruined the whole inside of where the rocker shaft goes in. also the shaft twisted thats why i could not drill the bolt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts