NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting news, although the reply email doesnt guarantee product or timelines, at least its being looked at.

Also, I put in an email to hondata, we will see when/if they reply.
I put in a call to TRDUSA and they basically said the celica has nothing else "in the works".
Also contaced ignitionsolutions.com long ago with no reply email or phone call.

Hopefully others are contacting aftermarket companies as well.

CF

--------------------------------------

Vararam Reply:

Yes and we are working on a system for all of the imports at this time.

VR tech

-----Original Message-----
From: Casey Cook [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Will ram-air work on compact "sports" cars ?

Would it make any sense to create ram-air products for smaller "sports"
cars, such as a Toyota Celica GT-S. Our car has very little after market
support and the community at newcelica.org does its best to try to contact
aftermarket companies to develop interest in our cars. If the ram-air is a
concept that can be applied to these high revving 4 bangers would you
consider expanding your market?

Thanks for listening!
Casey Cook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
ignitionsolutions.com already has individual coil packs for the GT-S and I think the GT as well. I know they forsure do for the GT-S, I have them.


 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by WAR
ignitionsolutions.com already has individual coil packs for the GT-S and I think the GT as well. I know they forsure do for the GT-S, I have them.
Any noticeable power increase? They show a pretty good gain on the RSX-S:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Any noticeable power increase? They show a pretty good gain on the RSX-S:
I can't tell you a lot about their performance other then they idled better then the stock ignition coils. I had all the problems with the MWR wiseco pistons at the same time I got these and so I was never able to dyno them or tested them good. I went with them because I went with the slightly higher 12:1 compression pistons and a better spark would help with the slight increase in compression. But like I said never got a good test with them. I still have my old set of coils and will probably do a back to back dyno comparason of them this next year.

I actually did a lot this last year, the ignition coils, pistons, fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel rail, pro-drive oil pump, baffled oil pan, valve springs, completely balanced and blue printed engine, power fc with datalogit, WBO2 sensor, EGT probe, port matched intake and exhaust manifolds, removed a/c. I was actually hoping to get some good dyno and mod information for everyone, oh well.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by WAR
I actually did a lot this last year, the ignition coils, pistons, fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel rail, pro-drive oil pump, baffled oil pan, valve springs, completely balanced and blue printed engine, power fc with datalogit, WBO2 sensor, EGT probe, port matched intake and exhaust manifolds, removed a/c.
:AF:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
those are cool! even have status lights on them (you can see how the plugs are firing off) But they are a bit pricey...

either way, they are on my to-do list now :)
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
greenstreak said:
Sorry for the bump of this oldie. WAR you still floating around here? Did you actually have problems with the 12:1 compression and stock coils or where these a preemptive strike? I ask because I am running the Wiseco 12:1s and the stock Toyota coils just don't seem to be cutting it.
I find it hard to believe that a half a compression point is going to make a damn bit of difference when the stock coils work fine at 2 to 3 times normal atmospheric pressure on turbo cars. Your problem is most likely cams or the tune.

You could always try running copper core plugs or Brisk silver electrode plugs though as they require lower firing voltages. That would be a much less expensive way to find out if ignition is your issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I am running copper plugs now. Adjusted the gap between stock and .028" to see if that made any difference. Have tried multiple maps on the PFC as well as a stock Celica ECU for the hell of it. Each plug fires outside of the cylinder but once dropped in (and now that my rings have seated) the car just sputters and then eventually fouls out.

I found it hard to believe as well but I am bangin my head into a wall trying to figure this out.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
greenstreak said:
I am running copper plugs now. Adjusted the gap between stock and .028" to see if that made any difference. Have tried multiple maps on the PFC as well as a stock Celica ECU for the hell of it. Each plug fires outside of the cylinder but once dropped in (and now that my rings have seated) the car just sputters and then eventually fouls out.

I found it hard to believe as well but I am bangin my head into a wall trying to figure this out.
How cold of a plug are you running and how rich is the mixture at idle?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,200 Posts
youngxlos said:
intresting thread, i will be using the mahel pistons, there even higher compression, i need to see if this actually helps me out as well
You don't need this. MWR uses the stock ignition to over 500 whp. Trust me, their cylinder pressures are MUCH higher than yours with your modest bump in compression. But if you enjoy spending money to put rare parts on your mod list, go for it.

BTW, none of this stuff means a damn unless your tuning is dead on.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top