NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally went to court. The dwi got knocked down to reckless driving and a 1100 dollar fine. So next year...ya'll drive...I'll drink.

lata,

Ryan

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Pheww... that's a lot of money! Yes, no more drunk driving for you. :thumbup:

mei*

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Originally posted by Smokey11
Well finally went to court. The dwi got knocked down to reckless driving and a 1100 dollar fine. So next year...ya'll drive...I'll drink.

lata,

Ryan
Its settling that it was a lesser charge, but its in part comical that your driving was tabbed reckless. As a passenger, I proclaim that if there was a charge for overly-cautious driving, that would have been more accurate label. The cops were merely profiling. It was the right car, the right time, and the right location. Next year, we'll be closer to the action. A taxi may be employed...or a Subaru.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
at leat your license isn't suspended. That would suck. although $1100 sucks as well.

next year we are within walking distance of some bars (i think) as well as walking distance between the two houses.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Originally posted by larryd
Reckless for what? I mean I know its better then a DWI but they are like completely different charges.
Reckless driving doesn't just mean driving 110 mph in a 25mph zone, by driving after drinking, he was "reckless".

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Originally posted by Beast
Fantastic Ryan! Next year you can be cheuffered by Subarus all week. ;)
:werd:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eric is right about the reckless. You don't have to drive fast or crazy...just badly. I've seen people cause an accident at the speed limit and get a reckless ticket. Either way, I was just happy not to go back to jail. The judge was pretty pissed that the DA cut me that deal. Was giving me the evil eye. On the plus side, met a cute girl at the court room who was also in for a DWI. Even got a quick lunch date out of it...:)

lata,

Ryan

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Originally posted by XYRCNCP
Reckless driving doesn't just mean driving 110 mph in a 25mph zone, by driving after drinking, he was "reckless".
guess that makes sense. Reckless = driving with intent to harm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts