NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my check engine light came on. So I put it on the scanner and it says its my cat. So i got a quote from a freind and he says $200 for a new cat installed and everything. Now im thinking i should just take the cat off, get 2 1/2" piping, and a new muffler. The problem is that i don't want a loud fart can muffler. I want something that is a little louder then my stock but I want it to sound deep. I've done my research and i was interested in the veilside but its too expensive. I don't know much about the greddy evoII (ive heard good and bad about it). I want to know your opinions on what kind of a setup i should get. (ive never done anything to an exhaust before except on my 64 plymouth but that was a flowmaster, whole different story)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone else got any ideas?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
If you don't have a cat, then you will need an O2 sensor emulator or else you will still have that same CEL.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
slidr said:
If you don't have a cat, then you will need an O2 sensor emulator or else you will still have that same CEL.
:werd:

The Greddy Evo II is a nice exhaust and not very loud, but it's pretty heavy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
phoenxigntion said:
I want something that is a little louder then my stock but I want it to sound deep.
you are talking about Tanabe Super Racing Medallion. I have it on my car, it sounds exactly like you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts