NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the local legal street races opened up yesterday. And I had a few runs in until I ran this 5.9L Jeep that ran a 14.5 at the local 1/4 track here. The run itself was good. That jeep surprised the hell out of me...until we got to the end of the track and his Jeep summersaulted up in the air.:AF:

First of all, the track itself was very unorganized. They opened up their new 1/8 mile track, and it wasn't even ready. The finish line was a bunch of cones, and the end of the track was poorly lit. The people that were out there that flagged us to slow down with flashlights moved all the way back to were we were suppose to exit. And after the exit there was only 10 yards for us to stop. Needless to say, there were 12 cars total that ended up in the sand trap...including mine.

At the start of the race...you can see the Jeep and I side by side. I started to pull on 3rd gear slightly, and next thing I knew....we barely saw the flaggers. I started to slow down, and realized it was too late...and saw the sand trap. As I was slowing down...I saw the Jeep trying to slow down also. Until he went over the sand trap and literally summersaulted. His front nose came up off the air and his Jeep tumbled till his wheels were back on the floor. His car is totalled, but the amazing thing was. He came out without a scratch. Well here's the vid, but it doesn't show the flip. A few others that were at the track has movies and pics of the incident, and I'll post em as soon as they have em online. I have a few other vids that I'll be posting up soon

http://members.cox.net/acagadas/mam7.wmv

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
493 Posts
to teach people not to race with SUVs..but anyhow good he was ok...i race one of those one day at the stop light...he punch it first and gain a couple of cars, but as i was catching up second this stupid driver decided to change lanes while was stopped at the lights in front of us..i reduce speed, the cherokee try to avoid the car and almost flip over...but those cars are fast on querter, but we should take them after third..

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Dang I'd be scaried to drive on around normally let alone in a race. They look Soooooooooo top heavy and flipable.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
no vids no mods :D

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I wana see a flying SUV!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts