NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday me and XfactorWRX get a call from a friend of us saying that there was an EVO owner talking mad sh1t about how he will smoke XfactorWRX in his 05 STi. So after work we go and meet up with this fool and hes yappin his horselips on how we're gonna lose more than our mouths? So they lined up and XfactorWRX gets him by 1 1/2 cars.

05 STi mods: Helix downpipe, unbolted exhaust and minor weight reduction (spare tire, jack, rear wing)

03 EVO mods: HKS intake, HKS downpipe, HKS exhaust, Cat Delete, Cam Gears, Tuned SAFC, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Type S BOV.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTQwMTk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
i have won against every evo8, most of them tend to talk alot of ****.. however the Boost-solution Evo8's are killer

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
well. you guys arnt racing the right evos. just so you know those mods of that car suck! its not even a 3 inch exhaust on the hks, its 2.5, and its heavy. the cam gears dont do **** without cams. bov does nothing for performance and the intake doesnt do much either, the guy is prolly runing mid 13's maybe. he should have gotten the buschur 3 inch catless exhaust its light and sweet as hell, that alone woudl comensate(sp) on all his mods on the evo, yes its that good. i had that on mine and never lost to an sti wether it was stock or modded. most evo drivers you encounter cant drive them. id rather have an evo then an sti any day of the week, but that my opinion. the evo has way more you can work with then the sti. hell with a few mods it runs 11's on the stock turbo, sti's cant do that.

·
Registered
654 Posts
ImSoNastie said:
well. you guys arnt racing the right evos. just so you know those mods of that car suck! its not even a 3 inch exhaust on the hks, its 2.5, and its heavy. the cam gears dont do **** without cams. bov does nothing for performance and the intake doesnt do much either, the guy is prolly runing mid 13's maybe. he should have gotten the buschur 3 inch catless exhaust its light and sweet as hell, that alone woudl comensate(sp) on all his mods on the evo, yes its that good. i had that on mine and never lost to an sti wether it was stock or modded. most evo drivers you encounter cant drive them. id rather have an evo then an sti any day of the week, but that my opinion. the evo has way more you can work with then the sti. hell with a few mods it runs 11's on the stock turbo, sti's cant do that.
so you are saying that those mods will make him slower than stock LOL. this has been EVO number 10 on my list. im still pretty much stock. there are so many EVO's out here inthe oxnard area that i always get a good chance to race one. this guy talked alot of crap and he got his ass handed to him, im pretty sure ill get owned by a more modded EVO in due time but for mycar near stock i think its holding up pretty damn well. i can still say im on the orginal clutch with 8thouusand miles while all my buddies EVO's have had there clutch replaced up to 2 times.

my friends EVO with clutch, full 3inch turbo back, intake and vishnu Xfash still gets walked by the STi. so stop whinning

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
how much did you have him by at the end?

·
Registered
405 Posts
iM not hating ...but its true wat iMsonastie said them evo mods are garbage!
Originally posted by All_MTR_GTS
how much did you have him by at the end?
Word?????? it dosent seen like u beat him by a mile???

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
x-factorWRX said:
so you are saying that those mods will make him slower than stock LOL. this has been EVO number 10 on my list. im still pretty much stock. there are so many EVO's out here inthe oxnard area that i always get a good chance to race one. this guy talked alot of crap and he got his ass handed to him, im pretty sure ill get owned by a more modded EVO in due time but for mycar near stock i think its holding up pretty damn well. i can still say im on the orginal clutch with 8thouusand miles while all my buddies EVO's have had there clutch replaced up to 2 times.

my friends EVO with clutch, full 3inch turbo back, intake and vishnu Xfash still gets walked by the STi. so stop whinning
how am i whining im just telling you the truth so dont get all defensive. listen most evo drivers cant drive thats a freakin fact. and stock the car doesnt do what you think, it lacks top end and doesnt get a good 1/4 like it should. alot of people are runing mid-high 13's on them. but one think you shoudl know is from the factory the evo varies from hp car to car, this is true. some evo's dyno 200 whp stock while others dyno 250whp, yes this happens with a lot of them. the ones that dyno more get the lower E.T. of course. it depends how you open the car up. with the right setup you can have a very potent car. all i had on mine was 3inch catless exhaust and an mbc set at 21 psi and the only thing i really lost to was somthin with 400hp and up. or motorcycles. but the thing is i could drive the car good. the sti lacks ALOT more then the evo and you know it, it handles poorly and mod for mod just wont due, just eccept it. with two mods an evo is capable of runin mid 12's with the right driver. the sti needs a turbo upgrade to hit 11's. look flame all you want but you just got the car because of the "name" not what its capable off.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i highly doubt the EVO can outhandle the 05STi, the whole suspension has been changed and a new yaw senor was added. not saying the EVO is a bad car or anything but with a weak clutch, a weak Tcase and a joke of a warrenty i decided to buy another subaru.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Originally posted by x-factorWRX
about 2 cars by the time i shifted to 5th or got to 95MPH
nice, damn you all and your AWD!!!!!!!!!!!! :gap:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i had my stock clutch till 20 k miles and it was still strong. like i said most people cant drive for sh!t. i like sti's but i like evo's more.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think XFACTORWRX ran a 13.6 or so at LACR but he was completely bone stock. Altitude corrected that is like 13 flat or 12.9xxxx or something at sea level. Not bad for being an almost off the dealer lot STi with 1200 miles or so.

His Helix Dp helped a whole lot, unbolted exhaust this thing flies!!!!

I'm sure the EVO's outhandle the 04 STis, but the 05's a completely different story. Whole different suspension geometry, different wheels and offset, Yaw sensor ect. I like the EVo's but the 05 STi is an all around better car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not to rag on the evo but in reality an impreza wrx is quicker imo The sti will smoke an evo all night long, and I'm sure everyone in here knows that.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by GTX_GUY
Not to rag on the evo but in reality an impreza wrx is quicker imo The sti will smoke an evo all night long, and I'm sure everyone in here knows that.
OMG we agree

Originally posted by ImSoNastie
with a few mods it runs 11's on the stock turbo, sti's cant do that.
Wrong.

sti , it handles poorly and mod for mod just wont due, just
wrong.

listen most evo drivers cant drive thats a freakin fact.
Prove that MOST cant.

the sti needs a turbo upgrade to hit 11's.
no

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I like both the evo and the sti. however I think mitsu is crap so I always side with the STI :chuckles:

13.6 at lacr wouldn't exactly be 12.9. low 13.0 - 13.2 would be my guess. 13.0 would be pushing it though :) smaay also ran a 13.6 at lacr and from what we saw in the past he's typically seen .4 - .5 difference from carlsbad - LACR.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Id love to have a bad run and "only" run a 13.6

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
ImSoNastie said:
pretty cool that none of XFactorWRX's wins against EVO's count cause they can't drive huh?

I'm NOT a big WRX fan at ALL, WRX boy over there can tell you that much, but I'd take an STI over an EVO any day of the ****in week. I know there are DSMs that can be made to go fast as hell for cheap, but apart from those, all NEW DSM's can suck my fuking "cack"

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.