NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a few short ones...I've got some big ones coming soon. Please excuse my incessant giggling'...I was giddy.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4290547955

I'm overwhelmed with satisfaction, and fulfillment. My RX-7 is so badazz, now.... :D (still has a few things left to do..but I'm thoroughly satisfied right now.)

I just got back from turbojeff's. He did an amazing job on the car..it's like night and day. Everything's well done...attention to detail was impeccable, and my car feels like it's brand new.

The car has simply come alive...the handling of the car has totally changed, now that there's power to deliver the feedback...awesome..simply awesome. I just spent 4 hours of the best road time that I have ever had on I-5.

Props to Pineapple Racing for their beautiful restoration of the motor...it's powerful...I can feel it emanating from the engine, and it's just waiting to be rev'd to redline!!!

I stayed under 4,000 rpms the whole time, modulating the throttle, and slowing down and speeding up. The pick-up on the car is such a difference from before.

As a side-joke...I severly intimidated several riced out Civics on the way home....oh..and one Dodge Neon. Not that that's a big deal...but it was great to see these guys faces as they gawked at the ride.

I got a warm fuzzy.

Oh..and the next thing up is tuning at Xcessive of the Power FC.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
NICE!!

man i am happy for you, i'm almost as excited as you are! so why dont you drive it down to SD to let me test drive it.. cmon.. it still needs breaking in..i'll be gentle

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CL...lol..I wish I could heh...

I need to put some miles on it so I can have it tuned, and then HAVE SOME FUN!!! :drool:

Here's some pics, although the car is kinda dirty from the rain! More pics in my modifications link in my sig...

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
oh man those are very sweet pics arch...i like it.

so are you planning to get some appearance mods or its going to be a total sleeper??

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Are you gonna get JDM brake lights?
They look nice

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys...don't forget to watch the videos...that's where the real fun is..lol. The pics are just afterthoughts.

I'll have a video of the Power FC in action, up in a few moments, along with a brisk jaunt down the highway, that I just took. It was busy, but I did get to rev her up a little.

More pics and vids to follow....and yes, Brak..I intend to get a few J-Spec additions, including the lights..but that's a little ways down the road.

If you couldn't tell from the vid...my wife isn't too happy right now.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Good Luck Arch, Looks real sweet they did a real clean job on the resto. Baby that thing till you break it in, I had the ZO6 out on Sunday 3500 RPM's and 62 MPH was all I hit. Can't wait till I get 1000K on this green motor, only have 283 now. I figure by June the car will be blown with an ATI S/C single I/C set-up.

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya break-in, is a biznitch...isn't it? :wtc:

Dayam..and here I was, getting my car ready to take down Z06s..and you go get an S/C? :wtf: It's just not fair..give the 1.3L a chance!!!!

:gap:

More pics of when I installed the PFC, and the PowerFC vid is up:

I should have the short run up soon...

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya it was pretty easy...

I was kinda sweating was cutting the 4 wires from the harness, but they're color-coded so that wasn't hard to figure out. I just get a little nervous when I cut ECU harnesses. :gap:

I'd say the hardest thing was unplugging the old ECU...that sucker was AAALLLLL the way in the back, and those plugs just wouldn't come out. I had to use a screwdriver to pry them out.

If you watch the last vid, you'll see the PowerFC running....I've got a small problem with my throttle control..it needs to be adjusted, because it keeps modulating. Simple fix, but I didn't have the time to do that or wire in the boost & temp gauge lights. I'll do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
You know you've done a good job when the wife gives the look of death and flips you off :)

The car sounds very mean.....congrats

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well...she was mostly pissed off at the time cuz the bill came up a couple hundred off, but that's becuase I needed some parts that we didn't plan for and we forgot about shipping.

She's okay now, though. :p

Dyno-tuning at Xcessive Motorsports (now Ground Zero) will run me about $400 bucks... :wtc:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
if a woman doesnt have her money ..... watch out!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Can't get to the vid and all pics are showing red x's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts