NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well i started on thursday night, and worked on it all weekend. I finished putting everything back together last night, but i couldnt post pics cause it was too dark.

I know some people might have questions, so i'll try to just get some of it over with now:

[ p r e p ]
-sanded down plastics with 600 grit wetdry sandpaper
-washed plastics in warm water, and cleaned it with dawn to take off any grease.
-wiped down the plastic with a big towel
-let dry for a few minutes

[ m a t e r i a l ]
-DupliColor VS3 FLAT black
-SEM Vinyl and Fabric spray Pacific Blue

[ p r o c e s s ]
-3 coats of the paint on each piece
-i sprayed the plastic, and then used a blowdryer set on hot. The paint becomes dry to the touch in a minute or so.
-waited about 10-15 minutes between coats
-after i was done painting, i left the pieces out in the sun to dry for a while

Please take in mind that my car is dirty/dusty so it might look odd. Anyways, if u guys got questions i'll try to answer them as much as possible.

alright i know this is what everyone is waiting for, so here goes. :)

oh btw: i know their are some small scratches on the driver side front dash. i scratched it when i was putting the dash back in (i didnt take out steering wheel) I plan to fix that tomorrow :)

[ p i c s ]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

oh, and while i was at takin apart my dash, i decided to change the LED in the window control too :)

enjoy!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
wow, that looks nice! man.. i guess i know what i'll be doing this spring break :D where did you buy the vinyl dye? for the door part where you have the blue, did you mask that?

·
Registered
63 Posts
sweet eddie! now let's do mine! red and black! haha jk...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the comment guys :)

sups: i got the vinyl dye from kragen auto parts, and also this apolstry store that my friends parents own. Oh, and about the dash, no sorry i dont have a link to takin apart the dash. its a 2 man job though.

streetfighter: at first i was gonna do it all black, but then i wanted more variety. Thats why i decided to use the blue too.

eugene: hahah sure homie. :)

and if u guys are wondering why i picked that shade of blue to use, its cause that's the closest thing i liked. All of the other blue shades were either too dark and dull, or too bright. that was the closest i found. I looks nice too btw :) Some of the pics are decieving, but it really is a nice shade of blue in person :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
very nice.. i'd down for black and silver too

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Where did you get the decals for the A/C controls??? I've wanted to paint my console but I don't want to paint over the little diagrams.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
damn. that looks really good!

you just gonna mask the car and touch up the dash inside the car?

has anyone tested touching stuff up?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I can't F'ing believe it! You have my EXACT SAME colors picked out? I JUST ordered the Pacific Blue today! Tho your colors are reversed...Blue was gonna be on top, and black underneath OMG OMG OMG..ugh, now peeps will think I took your idea, and reversed it..POO!!!! Grr...looks good tho. Your AC controls don't shine up anymore in the dark now, do they? Thats one thing I might have over a bunch of people...taking the time to make sure the light still comes through it with a bit of custom work. Still can't believe I ordered that paint (only cuz VS5 is discontinued) and then this is posted...sigh

1 - 20 of 96 Posts