NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased one yet? I'm considering getting one since my hatch is damaged a little. I also plan to go wingless once I get it. I've only seen pics of the hatch on a wrecked celica in a previos thread. Haven't heard much about it since. Maybe someone could get a GB going on.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
well, the CF hatch is a very risky mod. heres why.....

1) you cant keep the stock glass rear window- when i called VIS, they told me that the support would eventually break from the weight of the glass (but the hatch would still keep intact).

2) in turn, you have to buy lexan or Speedglass, and guess what? lexan can crack if left out in the sun too long. you can aslo forget about your rear defroster (and rear wiper i think)

3) as far as I know, there isnt a company making a rear window yet- and expect to dish out another $400 for it if they do.

I hope this helps. But I must admit, I am looking into this part myself.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like too much trouble then. I thought about lexan as weight savings as well but then again I heard that it also increases road noise and the sun causing it to crack as well. I guess i'll just get my hatch fixed for the time being :/

·
Registered
500 Posts
sun doesnt cause lexan to crack, i have worked at a sign shop installing signs and building them for more than 4 years, we formed leaxn faces for signs, and they are in the sun for years, and require about 375 degrees just to mold, dought the sun would have that from sitting in a parking lot

·
Registered
315 Posts
i have pictures of this hatch on a celica from this past weekend at NOPI. looked awesome, and i didnt see any problems with it. i will upload the pic when i get home(at school right now)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
hmm, the offset color of the hatch handle makes that look bad and then the wing just doesn't look right with the CF hatch.

·
Registered
435 Posts
rogergts said:
hmm, the offset color of the hatch handle makes that look bad and then the wing just doesn't look right with the CF hatch.
Yeah i agree, although CF is more of an aquired taste. I think that the CF hatch would look downright badass on a white celica with cf hood to match, then leave the rear wing off

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey generic, got any far away shots? How was the SEC turnout? I wish i coulda went :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
i agree that hatch would look better if everything was CF in the back and if he had a different wing.

there were only a few of us. and i thought i had more pictures, but i dont think i do. sorry.

i want that rear hatch so bad.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
how much are they wanting for the hatch...i got access to lexan at work..we use it alot for aircraft cabinetry

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
if you get a c/f hatch you have to go wingless. It just looks wierd with a wing on it. And you have to have the c/f trunk garnish piece too.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
i think it would look best on a white celica w/ cf hood and wingless...and the wheels should be black w/ polished lip...sexy stuff...

·
Registered
638 Posts
How would the CF Hatch take the effects of a w7 pounding on it?!?. . .

would it rattle like crazy?
would the chance for the glass to break be even greater?

just wondering?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Originally posted by Crizzz
i think it would look best on a white celica w/ cf hood and wingless...and the wheels should be black w/ polished lip...sexy stuff...
sounds like my car. 'cept i have a wing. and i agree it would look damn nice :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts