NewCelica.org Forum banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Speed4TheNeed said:
\
got all the deposits in, looks like we're good to go. if he can't hold the hoods, i'll just buy them...mong, you & your unlce can just pay me back (lol hopefully by the 15th) but i have enough to just get them. might wind up better like that. i'll talk to him & see...hopefully everything with the pricing is worked out.
if it does end up like that, my uncle and i will pay you back asap. thanks for looking out caleb. btw, if it's not too much trouble. can you ask carbon_innovations for our groupbuy price for different styles of carbon fiber hood for the 03 nissan sentra se-r spec-v?

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
i dont mind asking..about how many are gonna be on the group buy? it's like a ladder setup

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
it's for one person, but he wanted to know the difference prices for the various carbon fiber hoods available for his car. he works at advance auto parts in my hometown and he hooked me up with free issues of various magazines (import tuner, superstreet, etc.) that they were going to throw away. he recently rear-ended someone so his hood is crinkled. i told him i'll see what i can do about finding him some prices since i'm coincidently in a groupbuy because my hood is damaged also.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
ok guys, 1 thing and i hope it doesnt upset you guys to much:

when i asked for the shipping price (which wound up being $72 an item) i said it was for 7 items..i dunno why i guess i was thinking about the cf fenders i wanted (but he doesnt have). so the SHIPPING price is slightly higher because in actuality we're only ordering 6 items, not 7.

is it possible for you guys to each add $12 to your previous final price? really sorry about that..i know $12 isn't a heck of a whole lot but it's more than what i said. let me know...in any case i'm gonna order as soon as he gets back to me on whether he can accept an american express card for payment.

hoods are coming!!!

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
^^ i'm going to ask.

something curious though: i asked to pay be credit card and he responded saying "no. on orders that big we only take money order"

wtf? just sounds fishy. the guy's got a great feedback rating on ebay (well over 2,000 transactions) but thats just funny in an odd way. if he doesn't accept a credit card payment i don't know what to do. i mean of course i can send a money order i just don't get the reasoning behind it. honestly it makes me not want to buy..mostly for the sake of you guys. i can handle screwing up my own money but no way can i do that to others.

in any case, if i do send out a money order..it definately will not be to a person. company name only. i'll keep you guys updated but if it gets anymore odd i'm just gonna call it off. hoods aren't that important and i'd rather be extra sure i'm not going to get hassled for an extra $30-$40 from clear (mongs guy) or kenny (the other guy i contacted) than to have something that sounds too good to be true really be too good to be true.

let me know. that just sounded really stupid..combined with the horrible customer service and relentless bugging i had to do just to get a price quote. i'm definately happy with the price, but as of right now i'm not really comfortable with the person.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
^^ sounds good to me, mong.

i'd rather pay an extra $30 bucks or so and it be secure, than take a risk. like i said..the guy has a great reputation with the feedback system, but something just doesn't feel right about not being able to accept a credit card for the reason of 'being a large order'.

just wanted you guys to know whats up and how i felt.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
anyway, here's the back & forth e-mails i've been sending to carbon innovations. some of the stuff is missing because i would reply to another response instead of to my original e-mail...so if it's kind of 'choppy' thats why.

this is pretty much from the beginning when i was just going to buy the hood & hatch myself.

edit--start reading from the bottom on up.

company policy, we dont accept any credit card for that big of amount

[email protected] wrote:
ok, where do u want me to send it?

not a big deal, whats the difference between a credit card or money order though? just seemed faster to do it over credit card or paypal or whatever.
>
> From: chris lam
> Date: 2005/06/08 Wed PM 08:56:40 EDT
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Re: ViS carbon fiber hood& hatch
>
> no, such a big order, will only accept money order, cashier check only.
>
> [email protected] wrote:thanks.
>
> do you accept american express? i can pay anytime now.
>
> -Caleb Addison
> >
> > From: chris lam
> > Date: 2005/06/08 Wed PM 01:36:25 EDT
> > To: [email protected]
> > Subject: Re: Re: ViS carbon fiber hood& hatch
> >
> > total is $2550
> >
> >
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > hi again chris,
> >
> > ok i got everything together and we're ready to order 6 vis products (1 person dropped out). so you may need to recalculate the shipping charges a little bit. i have all the money, all i need is a final price and i'll buy.
> >
> > i need 3 of the 2000+ toyota celica vis invader hoods
> > i need 1 of the 2000+ toyota celica vis oem hoods
> > i need 1 of the 2000+ toyota celica vis oem hatch (trunk)
> > i need 1 of the 2002+ acura rsx oem hood
> >
> > thank you for your patience and for all the help you have given so far,
> > Caleb Addison
> > >
> > > From: chris lam
> > > Date: 2005/05/26 Thu PM 11:44:35 EDT
> > > To: [email protected]
> > > Subject: Re: Re: ViS carbon fiber hood& hatch
> > >
> > > shipping cost for 7 hood is $495
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [email protected] wrote:
> > > the phone number you listed is worthless. i have called numberous times (at least 20) and got to talk to someone at least 10 times. every single time they were not able to help me and put me on hold for at least 10 minutes in which time i then hung up.
> > >
> > > i will ask you one more time...i AM buying 7 hoods/hatches. what i need is a shipping quote for all 7 ViS carbon fiber products to zip code 32065 (terrytown, louisiana).
> > >
> > > if you can help me, great. but please do not ask me to call that number again...it's pretty aggrivating getting absolutely no help whatsoever. i even left my phone number for someone to call me back..that was last monday and i have still not received a call. i just called again today and i got put on hold for another 10 minutes, it's very aggrivating.
> > >
> > > if you don't want the business, just say so.
> > >
> > > thank you once again,
> > > Caleb Addison
> > > >
> > > > From: chris lam
> > > > Date: 2005/05/21 Sat PM 02:26:47 EDT
> > > > To: [email protected]
> > > > Subject: Re: Re: ViS carbon fiber hood& hatch
> > > >
> > > > you have to check with the sales on that monday
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > For question, please call the Sales department on MONDAY ? FRIDAY ( 1:00PM ? 8:00PM EST / 10:00AM ? 5:00PM PST ) at 909-595-3027 Thank you
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > We?re located in : 1140 CENTRE DR # U. Walnut, CA 91789
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > www.jtrsport.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 909-595-3027
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [email protected] wrote:
> > > > hey chris,
> > > >
> > > > lol you're impossible to get ahold of. anyway i don't mind if i have to keep calling but maybe this will make it more simple:
> > > >
> > > > what i need is a price quote that includes shipping on the following ViS carbon fiber products:
> > > >
> > > > 2000 toyota celica ViS invader hoods -- i need 3 of them
> > > > 2000 toyota celica ViS oem hood w/raised scoop -- i need 1 of them
> > > > 2000 toyota celica ViS oem cf hatch -- i need 1 of them
> > > > 2002 acura rsx ViS oem hood -- i need 1 of them
> > > >
> > > > i need them all shipped to the same place. the shipping address is a COMMERCIAL address:
> > > > 867 Terry Pkwy
> > > > Terrytown, LA 70056
> > > >
> > > > also, i'm not sure if you sell them or not but i could use a pair of 2000 toyota celica carbon fiber oem fenders. if you have it, give me a price quote on those as well. also please include the manufacturer's name of the fenders for reference.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for all of your help,
> > > > Caleb Addison
> > > > >
> > > > > From: chris lam
> > > > > Date: 2005/04/27 Wed PM 11:47:18 EDT
> > > > > To: [email protected]
> > > > > Subject: Re: Re: ViS carbon fiber hood& hatch
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > For question, please call the Sales on MONDAY ? FRIDAY ( 1:00PM ? 8:00PM EST / 10:00AM ? 5:00PM PST ) at 909-595-3027
> > > > >
> > > > > Thank you
> > > > >
> > > > > We?re located at : 1140 Centre DR # U Walnut, CA 91789
> > > > >
> > > > > www.jtrsport.com
> > > > >
> > > > > 909-595-3027
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [email protected] wrote:
> > > > > right. sorry for the misunderstanding but what i was wondering is what would the shipping charges be for 2 hoods and 1 trunk shipped to the same commercial address.
> > > > >
> > > > > thank you once again,
> > > > > Caleb
> > > > > >
> > > > > > From: chris lam
> > > > > > Date: 2005/04/26 Tue PM 12:10:53 EDT
> > > > > > To: [email protected]
> > > > > > Subject: Re: Re: ViS carbon fiber hood& hatch
> > > > > >
> > > > > > $200 shipping is for 1 hood & 1 trunk
> > > > > >
> > > > > > [email protected] wrote:Hi Chris,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > sorry to bug you one last time, but could you tell me the total shipping charges of 2 (two) ViS invader carbon fiber hoods and 1 (one) ViS carbon fiber hatch for an '00 Toyota Celica? a buddy and myself will probably be going in on these within the next 2-3 weeks.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Sincerely,,
> > > > > > Caleb Addison
> > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > From: chris lam
> > > > > > > Date: 2005/04/10 Sun AM 01:50:36 EDT
> > > > > > > To: [email protected]
> > > > > > > Subject: Re: ViS carbon fiber hood& hatch
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > shipping will be $200 for both item ( 48 states only )
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > [email protected] wrote:Hi,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I'm interested in buying a ViS OEM carbon fiber hood and ViS carbon fiber hatch for my 2000 Toyota Celica.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I wanted to ask if you offer a price discount for buying both at the same time or at least offer a shipping break, since both items will probably be shipped at the same time.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Thank you,
> > > > > > > Caleb Addison
> > > > > > >

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
yea, it is aggrivating, mong. get back to us on clear's prices..at least he sounds like he actually wants the business and he sounds a little more 'secure'.

dunno why i'm bugged about it, prob cause i'm dealing with other peoples money so i get extra paranoid lol

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
ok guys..well i already said it in the other thread but my honda accord probably just got totalled tonight (not official..but its pretty obvious to me). i don't know what this means with everything else though so my money is pretty much on hold onto this stuff gets figured out.

mong, let us know what clear says. i'm still in as long as i possibly can afford it...i'm not at fault and the driver of the chevy avalanche that hit me got ticketed. so hopefully this works out quickly and we don't have to take it to court. if we have to take it to court though it might be awhile and i'll be having to spend my own money on buying a rental car or whatever else.

shouldn't affect anything, just giving a headsup. i'm just full of bad luck lately :(

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
yeah everbody's fine, jeff. thanks. just kinda down about everything, lol nothing is going fair for me right now

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
just got this e-mail from clear:

> Did you hear what the VIS manufacturer did? You can call them at
>626-839-9833 and askk them about the carbon fiber shortage and the
>raise in prices. for some people it already came in affect. If that
>ebay dude can get it that cheap I would just try him out. But for me
>I get the celica hoods every week but for the members online I still
>have them at $525 for a single hood shipped. But $425 isnt possible
>since the manufacturer raised all the prices. I dont know what you
>want to do but if you want to call me so we can discuss this. Thanks

i e-mailed him back asking absolutely the lowest price he can make this groupbuy work. once again, the only thing we can do is wait.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
its always a waiting game it seems. we'll see how it goes

121 - 140 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.