NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we went to look at a 2000 red GT Celica a couple of days ago. My dad and brother both drove it (not me because it's manual...shut up) and both said it was extremely hard to see out of the mirrors and windshield and whatnot. Of course I sat in it, front and then back, and I could see just fine.

What do all the 7th gen Celica owners think of this? It's the one thing stopping me from getting this beautiful car.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Krizalys said:
Well, we went to look at a 2000 red GT Celica a couple of days ago. My dad and brother both drove it (not me because it's manual...shut up) and both said it was extremely hard to see out of the mirrors and windshield and whatnot. Of course I sat in it, front and then back, and I could see just fine.

What do all the 7th gen Celica owners think of this? It's the one thing stopping me from getting this beautiful car.
Yep. That's the 7th gen Celica for you. It was disconcerting at first for me too, but you get used to it. Your brain will learn where all of the blind spots are (pretty much, the whole rear). I also find adjusting the passenger seat so it doesn't obstruct my view helps, and of course you can (and should) adjust the side mirrors to improve visibility.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
It's good for getting you in the habit of actually turning your head to see if there are any vehicles in your blind spots rather than depending on the mirrors.
you adjust to it fairly quickly.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
jlitman said:
Yep. That's the 7th gen Celica for you. It was disconcerting at first for me too, but you get used to it. Your brain will learn where all of the blind spots are (pretty much, the whole rear). I also find adjusting the passenger seat so it doesn't obstruct my view helps, and of course you can (and should) adjust the side mirrors to improve visibility.

What he said, I honestly didn't even feel comfortable in the car for over week after owning it because of that. My old car was like driving a fish bowl.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
The only issue I had at the beginning when I had my Celica, was the rear visibility. Otherwise it was fine.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Learning off of an early 90's Toyota Landcruiser, to a 03 Dodge Dakota pickup, to my 03 Celica wasn't that bad of a shift, as far as viewpoints. If you had experience driving vehicles like those with massive blind spots, then the Celica won't be as bad as compared to them. That's my view...

·
Registered
419 Posts
rear sucks, if you are a bad driver remove the wing for a month untill you get better...

I have driven flatbeds loaded with 500 dollars of scrap already bent sheet metal and you cant see ****, and its awful, the Celi is a dream compared to that.. but compared to my old 93 Integra, its hard to see out of

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I have never have problems with visibility in my Celica. Tell you dad and bro, next time they sit on your car to adjust the mirrors before driving.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
pnoy said:
I have never have problems with visibility in my Celica. Tell you dad and bro, next time they sit on your car to adjust the mirrors before driving.
I don't think any mirrors will help anybody sitting 'on' the car...
;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are some blind spots in the rear but if you adjust your mirrors, a quick glance back gets the job done. But don't worry you'll get used to the obstructed vision after a while.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
SlamminS85 said:
rear sucks, if you are a bad driver remove the wing for a month untill you get better...
yeah i was reading about visablity with the first set of TRD spoilers that people couldnt see out the back so they changed it to a adjustable spolier maybe thats why i always see the new GT's with the spoilers really high.

·
Registered
551 Posts
SlamminS85 said:

um....yeah....great idea when I see a wingless Celi I always assumed it was a novice getting used to it....

:wtf:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts