NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll I've had a spare visor and a flexable keyboard sitting in my room for quite some time so i figured i'd stop procrastinating. Issues were there 1st the keyboard was to big (smallest one that would be practicle). When the visor closed the hinge would snap the keyboard and crush the circuit board.

Solution. I used 1 sheets of cardboard and took apart the visor. I then traced the cardboard so the keyboard was far enough down that it wouldnt hit the hinge. After that i put the foam on the back and wrapped it in c/f vinyl. i honestly couldnt figure out how to make that streach and fit correctly so there are 2 seams visible on the back but it doesnt bother me. the pics accent it badly but oh well :)

It was tested and only issue i found was that u have to hit the space bar in the center or it doesnt register. i was IM'ing to trdguy81 in the car and all my words ran together ;) I dont think i am going to wrap the passenger to make them match just becasue it looks cleaner as is.

It blends into the headliner when looking up much more then the passenger. so its more of a hidden look. the pics really accented it badly with the flash but it was to dark w/o so oh well

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may redo it after HIN and see if i can wrap it better but this will do for now. its dark in there anyway ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
look tight!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^??? i use it for addresses for the gps. only other way would be to go in the trunk every time which is what i used to do. was kinda pain in the ass. and yea it does feel like space shuttle :)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
For some reason I just find this funny dan. They have EL-Glow Keyboards now that roll up for like $40. Just pop that under your seat.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i had known they had elglow i may have invested in that ;) would look spiffier :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Tiger direct man... tiger direct.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol really isnt to bad. hidden things are: the keyboard, the ashtray c/f push switch to turn on the computer, and the glove box c/f plate with usb hubs and dvd rom :)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that is cool but it would be to long for a visor :( that and i wanted black so it would blend in abit more. I have a spare clear looking one that i was cutting up to try to fit to the origonal visor.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
very nice dan.. that looks like fake CF dude? i thought it was gonna be all real cf?

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
matt it would be to hard to make it out of real c/f. visors would need to be fiberglass hard then wrapped.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pnoy said:
well if you have a touch screen... I'd rather use the on screen keyboard.
I did use that once when on AIM and though it works and i got the hang of it quick, a keyboard is much easier. And lets face it, what on my car is practicle :) its all to be different and look spiffy :chuckles:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
damn thats cool!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts